Slant 6 and 904 What's it worth?

-

schluney

Reaction score
I just bought a 69 dart completely untouched never been messed with I'm pulling the slant 6 904 and 7 1/4 rear end and putting in a 440 5 speed 8 3/4 the car runs great!!! has no issues I have a local interested in the slant 6 904 and 7 1/4 i have no idea what these go for im Not trying to get top dollar just something to put towards the BB any input is appreciated

Prob 150 or so is fair, there have been a ton of slants thrown away or given away free over the years, but seems they are making a comeback!!

I have paid anywhere from $100 to $400 although the $400 one was close to me, low miles, was a 280630 casting number and I needed it when I bought it. I keep missing the free ones that are close by.

I had a good running slant six that I pulled from my duster. Ran like a top, couldn't give it away. I had it posted for 2 years on various sites and nothing. I finally ripped it apart for scrap last weekend.

You might have luck with the tranny though. I was able to trade that for some other parts

same here, put my 225/3 speed manual complete from fan to shifter ,up for 300, went to 200, and then to 150 before i could get rid of it.

I gave $200 for motor and trans bout 18 months ago. I would have passing but it had a offy 4bbl intake with a holley carb. The motor is still running great although I had to change to smaller carb, theirs was WAY to big. No wonder he could not get it to lean out.

I sold one a couple weeks ago for $100. It was sold as a good core and if it happened to run then it was a good deal for the customer.

$100 sounds fair if it runs ok.

A lot of slant six guys don't have the money the v8 guys do. I try and help them out any time I can.

Anybody got a GOOD aluminum /6? Seems like all the aluminum engines are corroded to death.

2old2

Picked this one up for free near the Twin Cities a few weeks ago from a member here, got the trans too, ran when it was pulled. If I remember, there was a guyon FABO in MN who needed a good slant 6, he posted in the other thread, I will find the link, maybe he still wants one.

DSC04865.jpg

why cant a find a cheap/free 225 near me??? hope someone puts yours to good use.

Guy traded me for a 318 I had and all he needed off the teen was the timing chain cover and front hardware...150 for both sounds about right.

I'm taking a 225/904 to the scrappers tomorrow. Not worth anything around here. Can't give them away.

Depends on if someone wants it when you're trying to sell it. I paid $200 last year for a 225 and truck (ie granny gear) 4 speed last year and think it was a fair price.

-
Back