Slant 6 small block swap

-

Indy

Reaction score
I finally got my motor back together and in my car. I used the slant k member that was in the 68 the one in the V8 car was to rough.Bought the motor mounts they worked great I see why I had to cut the hole in the floor I will be posting pictures the only ones I could find didn’t show how the linkage went. I also put Hooker headers on it read the instructions when they say you have to take stuff off to make them fit they are not kidding lol. I had to take the steering box off and the starter but you have to get everything in place before bolting it back together I learned the hard way and cost myself a lot more work. The passenger side header is real close to the steering linkage might shim up the motor at the mounts. The wiring was a little bit of a problem until we found someone had already figured it out went from a points system to electronic but found a pic on this site that shows how to get it to work. I also found out that i bought a slant 6 z bar they are 8 inches wide small block is 7 inches so will be cutting one inch off bell housing side found this out from Brewer performance in Ohio the guy on Graveyard cars said you can get anything you need for Mopar transmission even information witch was very helpful.

IMG_4810.jpeg

IMG_4809.jpeg

IMG_4808.jpeg

IMG_4807.jpeg

I just want to thank you guys for any information that you gave me. I’m glad we have this site to help each other out Happy 4th of July

-
Back