Slant 6 to 340

-

phillydog00

Reaction score
I just bought a 74 Scamp with a 225. I have access to a 340 and matching trans. Do I need any sort of frame mods to mount this in there ? Any kind of help will be appreciated. I am new to this A body world and could use some advise. Thanks !!!!

Use the Schumaker slant to 340 mounts. First thing I'd upgrade is the brakes (unless your car already has discs). Don't forget to upgrade the cooling system, suspension and rear end (you probably have the 7.25 rear end - you'll need at least the 8.25).

Use the Schumaker slant to 340 mounts. First thing I'd upgrade is the brakes (unless your car already has discs). Don't forget to upgrade the cooling system, suspension and rear end (you probably have the 7.25 rear end - you'll need at least the 8.25).

They are out of a 71 Duster. Just didnt want to buy them if they didnt fit.

Save yourself some money.. TransDapt conversion mounts from Summit are less than half the price and were designed to work with the inexpensive Hedman Headers.

Save yourself some money.. TransDapt conversion mounts from Summit are less than half the price and were designed to work with the inexpensive Hedman Headers.

The TransDapt conversion is only for 67-72 K-members. He has a 74 scamp, which means he also has a spool mount k-member...

-
Back