Slant Six Build with Aussie Speed 4bbl Manifold

-

momoparman

MOISMYHOME
Reaction score
I am getting ready to have my wifes slant 6 built for street driving.

I bought an Aussie speed long runner 4bbl intake and wanted to use it as it's very cool and I want to keep the 6r in this car.

What is the best set up to do this. I want specs and mfgs. of parts if possible. What size carb to use, heat on the manifold... how to accomplish this. I have read some information already and some of it contradicts the other so I am looking for real life answers.

The car will be driven in the spring-fall here in KCMO. Temps are 60 - 100 degrees during that time and we have humidity all summer long.

I have seen a comp cams kit on eday and was wondering if thats the way to go or if I should buy the parts individually.

Any help with a complete list and input will help.

Thanks,

Mop

http://www.aussiespeed.com/index.ph...category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=23

Here is the manifold I have....I got it for a lot less $$$ and thats why I jumped on it.

It is very well built and is a beautiful piece of casting.

I want to build a nice streetable 6r for the wife that has some power but mainly looks sweet when she pops the hood at shows.

I don't care about 1/4 mile times or burring rubber....just fun cruising with xtra power and torque.

Mop

I have this manifold and have just finished "shopping" for the other stuff to make it work on a street motor. I used the suggestions that Mopar makes in the Six Cylinder Engines book for the /6 with an Offy 4 bbl manifold.

390 cfm Holley 4160 carb. Since plates with Mopar suggested jets are not available in the supply system, I converted the 4160 to a 4150. This allows normal Holley jets to be used on primary and secondary bores. #49 primary, # 52 jets. Of course, air filter to fit.

Replaced stock exhaust manifold with one that does not have a heat riser. Climate here is very warm. Currently using this manifold with stock 1 bbl. Car runs crummy for about three minutes, even in winter, then all is well. Replacement manifold also allows for a 2¼" exhaust all the way back.

Replacing /6 throttle cable with a V8. The V8 cable is shorter and have fewer routing problems. Replacing stock kickdown linkage with Bouchillon Performance universal kickdown cable. It's well made and looks more like what the factory would do than the Lokkar cable. The Bouchillon kit includes the throttle kickdown lever.

I also purchased a throttle cable bracket, but can't remember where. Hope this helps. Installing in a couple of weeks. Will post on my restoration thread when its in.

IMG_6493s.JPG

IMG_6509s.JPG

IMG_6513s.JPG

DSCN2212s.JPG

DSCN2214s.JPG

Pretty cool intake ! I miss the slants I've had. They were always so darn reliable!

Man wouldnt a slant 4 door with factory ac be nice,lol!

Thats great info....keep posting to this thread as you build your motor. Since we are both using the same intakes we can share it.

I am a few months away from getting heavy into it as $$$ are low right now.....same sad story as most on here.

Anyway I am looking forward to more great insight.

Thanks again FABO and thanks 2Darts.

Mop

I am the US Distributor for Aussie Speed/ Hurricane products. If you need help along the way PM me and Ill be happy to share my info and expertise with anyone who needs it.
Frank

I am the US Distributor for Aussie Speed/ Hurricane products. If you need help along the way PM me and Ill be happy to share my info and expertise with anyone who needs it.
Frank

I'll try to remember this when I'm ready to build my six !! I like that Aussie manifold too !!Unless I can find a HyperPak manifold first !!

Sweet.

My game plan is to pull the motor in the next month and get it to a machine shop.

I will post my questions on what components I should use etc.

I am blind on 6rs so all I need is a nice street car for my wife who does not want any drama if you get my drift.

But it has to look and sound cool8)

Mop

Mop
Take the time to do the oil mods to the block and clean out the water passages. This will pay BIG dividends down the road.
Frank

OK......as soon as someone points me to the instructions on how to do these mods.

I have no knowledge of the slant six except for why it slants.

If you have a link to the info that would be great.

Mop.:-D

-
Back