Slant Six Replacement Rocker Arms?

-

CaseyW

Reaction score
Anyone know where to purchase replacement rocker arms? I have a 63 valiant and was adjusting the valve lash and the adjustment screws on several were very easy to move. thanks.

If you can't find any new (they are getting hard to find, at a reasonable price), send me a PM. I have many good used arms. In Florida.

might try here, think it may be in here. http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=72139&highlight=#72139 The proper fix: Go get new rocker arms. They're not as easy to find as they once were, but can still be found with some dilligent searching. Usually they come with new adjustment screws, which you'll need. Note that the same rocker is used for '60-'80 Slant-6s, so if you don't think the place you hit will have rockers for a '61 Lancer, ask for them for an '80 Volare. Intake and exhaust rockers are the same, so you'll need 12 (or however many exhibited even slightly loose threads).

• The quick/cheap fix: Remove the adjusting screws and lightly mar the threads with hammer-taps or a squeeze in a vise. Don't go overboard and render them useless.

I've bought New or Refurbished (Can't remember which) off Ebay !!If not,I'm sure I still have my original ones.I should have the New ones also as I went with roller rockers on this build !! :blob:

NON adjustable?? Seems like every article I see that mentions the /6 valvetrain emphasizes proper valve lash settings. Good luck!

ATB

BC

Yeah,I didn't realize that 'till it was pointed out to me !!!But I know I purchased a set on Ebay !!:violent1:

If you can't find any new (they are getting hard to find, at a reasonable price), send me a PM. I have many good used arms. In Florida.
Hi Charrlie! Any chance you have some /6 rocker arms? My 66' CLark Cortez is at the mechanics and seems one of the armed won't keep its adjustment in place. Let me know.
Thanks

Ive seen a couple of NOS ones scattered around FeeBay for around $40 a PIECE! Yikes. I am building 1 /6, and I have 3 engines worth of rockers to choose from.... 2 0f those sets, at the machine shop at the moment.

It's a stamped steel rocker. It goes in a slant six. Take the loose rockers off, turn them sideways on a vise and smack the side of the rocker holes with a decent size ball peen hammer. It will tighten the adjustment holes right up.

-
Back