-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotrod1941

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a set of small block heads for a 273. Not looking for anything fancy, just something cheap that’ll work, preferably in the Chicago area. I appreciate the help.

FWIW, you should be looking for closed chamber heads. 302 castings would be recommended. Open chamber heads will lower your compression considerably. 65'

Looking for a set of small block heads for a 273. Not looking for anything fancy, just something cheap that’ll work, preferably in the Chicago area. I appreciate the help.
What year? What intake are you going to use? 64 and 65 had a different intake bolt size and angle. Casting numbers for 64-5 end in #315 and #080.
66-7 are #178,234, and 920.
68 and 69 are open chambered and not recommended.
The #302's came from mid to late 80's 318 Lean Burn engines and would work well.

I have a set of the 64 and 65 castings, that I will let go cheap.

Tried to send you a PM, but your inbox is full.

Send me a PM if interested.

I have a set of the 64 and 65 castings, that I will let go cheap.

Tried to send you a PM, but your inbox is full.

Send me a PM if interested.
Emptied my inbox. What were you asking for the heads? I don’t necessarily need 273 specific heads, just something to use. I don’t have an intake yet so I can get the one I need.

Maybe Karl (@krazykuda) can help. He's in your area.

I don't think any of my small port heads will work on a stock 273 as my head guy put 1.88" intakes and 1.6" exhaust in them...

Plus I'm getting low on the finished small port heads, most of what I have for those need cleaning up...

I do have plenty of 340/360 heads ready to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back