Solid Flat Tappet Valve Springs

-
My 360 has a Howards flat tappet with 1.6 rockers, Currently I have a Crane dual spring, 150lbs on the seat and around 400 open. My camshaft is a little bigger though, from memory it was around 0.690" valve lift and 266-276 @ 0.050"
It makes peak power at 6900 RPM, turns to over 7000
Are you running the edm lifters? As far as the 7000 rpm are you running anything beyond a hv pump and decent pan with windage tray?

I actually can't remember. They were Comp lifters, back when they were decent.

It runs a big aluminium Hamburger oilpan and a standard volume oil pump. Other than deburring everything, a pick up directly over the gerotor, it's a standard oiling system. I've personally never ran a high volume pump in a LA engine.

Interested in selling old cheater slicks ?
No, I run some other style of events and run them in those. There is a nice group around me called no drama, a pro tree bracket class that is fun. I have run the 7.0 class in NO PREP KINGS in the past, might run a Sickweek event in the future. The do work well though, converter doesn’t let me shock them hard.

The sweep across the valve tip looks good. I spoke with Howards today and they said 335# open was not enough. The engine doesn't miss or break up at rpm. Tech sat its beginning to flat and cant control the cylinder pressure.
I'm looking for a dual spring with 1.800 installed 360 -375# open pressure. Along with retainers for 11/32 valve with 10* keepers. Hughes has a spring from Pac but the retainers say +.100.
I’m using these with a SFT with .552” lifts at the valves and installed at 1.725” range.

IMG_4661.jpeg

IMG_4662.png

IMG_4663.png

IMG_4664.png

Last edited:
PM me what you want. I have a used set of M&H cheater slicks you can have if you pay the shipping.
Great, I am looking for a set of 14 inch, probably 8 or 8.5 wide, to fit my 69 m code… looking for something for quiet street and shows,, also looking for some old vintage 14 inch , 4 inch (dart) bolt turbo thrusts,, gray

PM me what you want. I have a used set of M&H cheater slicks you can have if you pay the shipping.
Great, I am looking for a set of 14 inch, probably 8 or 8.5 wide, to fit my 69 m code… looking for something for quiet street and shows,, also looking for some old vintage 14 inch , 4 inch (dart) bolt turbo thrusts,, gray

I’ll look in the morning but I’m pretty sure they are 14’s but I’m not 100% sure. I’ll let you know tomorrow

I believe my big block sft springs are installed at 1.940 and that's a seat pressure of 150# and 400# open.
Edm lifters

-
Back