some q's on 72 demon 340-3 spd i just picked up

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
ok, i just picked up a hulk of a 340 3 speed demon. after looking it over, it is not as bad as i thought, so there is a possibility i might re-do the car this winter.
i have the fender tag, title and vin still on car.
here is tag readout
v8x en1
n23 n41 n42 r11 v21 v6x
v1x u g36 j54 m21 m43
fe5 d2x9 tx9 327 486959
e55 d13 lm29 h2b 369858

i am wondering if the v21 option was the demons with the painted grille? or was it JUST the hood part?

c'mon guys, give me your opinion on restoring this or not......... needs a complete roof skin, passenger quarter, center trunkpan, driver fender, all interior, engine/trans and also needs some work to the passenger front rail where it butts to the t-bar crosss-member. driver side floors are nice, but passenger sides need to be replaced. hood is good, trunk-lid id toast. the tail panel may be saveable. not rusted at all.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 281
  • 002.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 280
  • 003.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 264
Is that the one I posted in the parts car threads?

Would it be worth the money in the long run to restore it?

well, that is a tough one. i have been looking for a car i can do, without the fact of dumping all my money into it overnight, then leaving me forced to sell it to pay bills. i would like one that i can completly restore, and take my time, and piece it togehter, while i still build and sell other rides

Well you do have the ability to restore one. So I would say the way you come across parts cars why not? If it is going to be a long Term project and you really like it. Then do like you want. Build you a building to store it in while you work on it.

^^^ nah, was not kidding. a good donar car would be perfect!!!!!!!!!!! for floors, rooof!

no, it is a 340 h code 3 speed with v21.?

so should this have the painted grille or no?

Ok what is a sizzler? That makes me think of steaks.

Shame you live so far away- I have a nice roof I'd just about give ya that I cut off of my Demon

yea, nah, i would have to be getting a 30k car for less than 10k to take that trip.lmao

V21 is the "Sizzler" style striping on the hood and cowl for 72 Demons. J54 is for the scoop.
No 72s had the painted grille, select color 71 Sizzlers only.

Neat Demon BTW!!

Hey I vote save it! If it is in your ability to do so and not cost your firstborn child why not?

oh, i did not see the j54 code for the scoop! thanks

Save!!!! '72 Demons are my favorite and this one is a 340 stick car. Mined if I asked you how much you paid?

-
Back