Something followed me home..

-
One side and roof sanded and buffed....

20190717_212048.jpg

Started to put some things back together...like to drive this year so over the winter I will probably pull some of this back off to polish and repaint the trim but, for now....let there be light!!!

20190721_111902.jpg

No progress lately...I lost my mother a little over a week ago unexpectedly and have been dealing with the services, the estate, and all that comes with the passing of a loved one. Hell of a day....the same day in the evening my 17 yr old son decides to t bone somebody and tear up his truck. Thank goodness nobody was hurt. The day after the funeral my brother and I decided to take a day off from dealing with estate stuff and just stay at our respective homes to get some things done. My boy and I threw his truck together so he could get back and forth to work then, the next day back to sifting through moms stuff. Been a hell of a week.

20190726_081114.jpg

20190726_081121.jpg

34258.jpeg

Sorry for your loss, it is never easy at all, no matter what.

I always figured I would get killed in a horse wreck in my old age, but I done got so old I have to climb on a 5 gal bucket just to get one, and my I can hardly get on the damn bucket.

Thank you all for your kind words!!! She will be missed!!

E Body!!??? Hey man, can you loan me a few bucks!!!????? ha You have to admit there are sexy cars. Yes it is possible to get rid of their rattles!!!!
Diversity!

E Body!!??? Hey man, can you loan me a few bucks!!!????? ha You have to admit there are sexy cars. Yes it is possible to get rid of their rattles!!!!
Diversity!
Mom had built up a nice little nest for my brother and I for when she passed. Not a ton of money in the grand scheme of money goes but pretty good for a couple redneck boys like us. I believe she knew exactly what I would do with part of it when this happened....lol. You bet your *** she would of wanted this!!!

Finally got back on the Duster today...big difference...nice to have some time to get on it..

20190818_160654.jpg

20190818_160722.jpg

20190818_171920.jpg

Got my new package tray in today, put the top part of the back seat in. Put the trunk weather strip in. Picked up a console and floor shifter the other day. Put the shifter in today. So a little progress.

20190921_160139.jpg

Nice build you're doin here. Sorry to read of the loss of your mom. I lost mine at 19. Something you never get over.

Put a little time in on the interior today...if I get the other seat done it will almost be complete....interior anyway...lol

20191005_163037.jpg

20191005_163102.jpg

Finally got the hood painted and wheels on. Last night got the exhaust all buttoned up. Need to get front bumper on and passenger seat reupholstered and it will be done-ish

20191027_175323.jpg

20191027_174403.jpg

The boy and I got the passenger seat upholstery put on last night. Maybe tonight put the brackets on and mount it in the car.

20191030_200617.jpg

Car is finished-ish...small things left to do....The boy has been bugging the sh$# out of me to get it plated and insured so he could drive it to school....so...it went back to high school today...i hope he is grinning ear to ear...

20191104_165501.jpg

20191102_150034.jpg

Last edited:
Well...the boy drove it a couple times then I started to notice wet spots on the floor of the garage....damn wheel cylinders and the rubber brake hose in the rear were leaking. So, Friday I made new rear lines, put on new wheel cylinders and the rubber brake hose and all is good. I also ordered a new carb as the one that's on it is made from about 4 Holleys I had on the shelf. Carb should be here this week so I will throw it on and probably change the plugs too.

Well...the boy drove it a couple times then I started to notice wet spots on the floor of the garage....damn wheel cylinders and the rubber brake hose in the rear were leaking. So, Friday I made new rear lines, put on new wheel cylinders and the rubber brake hose and all is good. I also ordered a new carb as the one that's on it is made from about 4 Holleys I had on the shelf. Carb should be here this week so I will throw it on and probably change the plugs too.

Just read about your build and condolences on the loss of your mum (Lost mine July 4th).

I know my peepers are getting worse every year and it may be an optical illusion but are your rear tires Smaller than the fronts?

-
Back