Sometimes missing a race pays off

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My head hasn’t been on racing since my transmission brake screwed me a month ago. Car is still up in the air from what used to be a 3 hour job max hopefully trying to find the issue with changing the transmission. So when I lost my water last Friday morning and knew it was going to be an expensive pump change I sold my entry to Norwalks 20,000-40,000-20,000 dollar race weekend to my son. Number one the money came in handy, two I got a bad case of the bla’s, three after sitting most of the year I wanted him to race. Again a one time trial weekend he ran a 6.42 and hours later and in 1100 foot worse air he won dialed a 6.44. With some rain and then losing the power and buybacks when I went to bed at 11:45 he hadn’t run 2nd round yet. When he finally did race the carb acted up. They finished 3rd round at 3am and will finish that race maybe after todays race. This morning the carb still wasn’t right and the car ran a I think what would have been a 6.46 if he stayed in it. So he rebuilt the carb while it rained again and then a wreck so at 4pm he’s in the lanes for the buyback round. I’m glad I’m at home. Lol. Bader on Friday added 10,000.00 more to Fridays program on an already sold out race.

IMG_4278.png

IMG_4281.png

IMG_4289.jpeg

IMG_4288.jpeg

He won his buyback and looks like the carb is fixed. Going by the 330 foot times he was on another 6.44 pass.

IMG_4298.png

The nightmare at Norwalk continues today. Plans were that after starting todays race they planned to also run Fridays race that was stopped at 3am after 3rd round down to 15 cars then split the 20,000 dollar plus other purses between those left. Then after my son won 2nd round of Sundays race rain moved in again. Look at the time stamps for the time of day.

IMG_4300.png

IMG_4306.png

IMG_4305.png

Well I’m sure proud of my son. It was over at the tree and then a big pickup on his 60 foot time sealed the deal.

IMG_4315.jpeg

Damn good for him for getting it together goin to round 7 at a race like that. He was sure pounding that tree.

Ya he was on a roll. I was hoping he could come to keystone this weekend but Vic need the Duster for bracket finals this weekend. His Volvo isn’t certified. He was offered a dragster and honestly I should put him in my car. I’ll have to sleep on that. I did end up putting a second transmission brake button in my car just in case that was the issue.

Like I said this whole weekend was hit with numerous rain delays that popped up out of nowhere. Friday was also hit with a power failure which I found out yesterday was caused by a raccoon that committed suicide taking out a transformer down the road. After the power delay they raced till 3am to get 3rd round in. Their plan to race them down to 15 so they each could get a nice check was scrubbed with rain delays on the other two days. I ask Matt what they ended up doing and he said the winners of third round ended up getting a split of slightly over 1000.00 each. Many of those guys were double entered still so everyone pretty much still in paid for their race weekend.

This race and the no box race Norwalk puts on both pay crazy good money. Matt did very well this weekend.

-
Back