Soon 2B 1fine69 340 Swinger

-

1fine69

Reaction score
Hoping to do a 100% original resto on her if I can find all of the parts. She's been sitting since 1979 with a blown engine (found out it is repairable) and all numbers matching. Totally original including the paint, 340 auto, PS, standard brakes, blk vinyl top, 3:55 rear. Starting off with an un-adulterated original car helps, but I'm finding out just how hard (and expensive) it is to find nice OEM parts. FABO members tell me it's F6 Green (Rallye Green?) so I guess that makes it interesting since there probably weren't many painted that color. Been restoring Mustangs and Shelby's for the last 25+ years, but started out in my teens with Mopars and still love them the most. Wish I still had my 6 pack 'Cuda! Plan on posting pictures as I progress, so stay tuned.

Thanks for your input,

Keith

P1010021.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010023.jpg

P1010027.jpg

P1010032.jpg

P1010039.jpg

P1010128.jpg

P1010133.jpg

P1010141.jpg

P1010132.jpg

Welcome. Nice find and you came to the right place for the restoration. These guys know their Abodies.

Nice project. If you bring that one back to what it once was you'll never regret it.
The folks here are happy to help any way we can.

Wow nice find,I have the twin to that car that I just finished.
I found the car in the USA all original as yours but not quite as worn.That will be one great project for you.Any info you may need I would be glad to help.
I will post some finished pics of my F6 Dart next week for you to see what yours will look like when complete.
Enjoy your resto!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If I ever owned a 69 Dart, it would be F6. It is the best looking green of them all, and fits perfectly with the size and style.

Nice project, and don't get discouraged about the lack of OEM parts. More and more is available everyday, and with the interchangeability of most A-body stuff, lots is available.

Grant

I can't wait to see it, will your experience i'm sure it will turn out beautiful. Love the color too!

Wow nice find,I have the twin to that car that I just finished.
I found the car in the USA all original as yours but not quite as worn.That will be one great project for you.Any info you may need I would be glad to help.
I will post some finished pics of my F6 Dart next week for you to see what yours will look like when complete.
Enjoy your resto!
Can't wait to see the pix! I need all the encouragment I can get. Also need info on colors and finishes on piece parts. Any publications availible?

You guys are great!

Keith

Great choice of project cars!!! (I am kind of biased) You're right some parts will be hard to find but not impossible with a little patience. Gook luck!! Looking forward to seeing those pics as you progress. ps Awesome colour!!

Wow very nice find! To even have the orginal 340 pie tin is a bonus. The parts will be hard to find, but just be patient, because that car will be worth it for sure! Oh yeah WELCOME to FABO!

Great looking solid car!! I cant believe how clean she is underneath!!
Thanks, going to sandblast rough spots and re-prime/paint it the orig. color. Do you know the proper color/code for that gray?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If I ever owned a 69 Dart, it would be F6. It is the best looking green of them all, and fits perfectly with the size and style.

Nice project, and don't get discouraged about the lack of OEM parts. More and more is available everyday, and with the interchangeability of most A-body stuff, lots is available.

Grant
Do you have a favorite supplier for new parts?

-
Back