Soon to be ours.............hopefully

-

rp23g7

Reaction score
So, my wife Carly has been looking for a 350Z as a scoot about car for a while, she is also a muscle car/rod girl. We were actually on the way to look at a Z when we got the Bee at a local specialty car dealer last year.

So, fast forward to last Saturday. We went out to look at another Z car as she is expecting some money from a court case. Of course we have to go past the same car lot on the way to look at the Z car, and of course we have to stop to see what cars are in stock.

They have some neat ones there, some 442's, Vette's, a really nice 58, Camaro's etc, along with a stock 38 Ford, a 41 Pontiac and a 41 Chrysler. Well, she fell in love with the Chrysler.

Its a 41 Chrysler coupe body, with a 37 Chevy nose, wich is good, cause i dont really like the wide front ends on 30's and 40's Chryslers. It has a 350/350/12 bolt and frame from a 77 Monte Carlo. Cant win em all i guess. Great stereo, bucket seats, AC, solenoid doors, air shocks, etc.

I may research and see what has to be done to mount a 318 or 340/727/8.75 on a Chevy frame and put the Chevy drivetrain in my sons 79 Monte.

They want $25,000 for the car
IMAG0343.jpg

nice looking car. make sure you go over that thing real good. maybe take it to a street rod shop and get them to look it over and make sure everything is done right. especially the suspension and wiring. and get a magnet on that baby and make sure it isn't a polished turd.

Funny you mention that. Mine has a 440 in it and keepnig the fan in the stock position I had to move the firewall back about 7 inches.

The 350 in this one is sitting really far forward, the fan is under the fixed part of the cowl, and even then the distributor is only a inch or so away from the firewall, the manifolds are only a few inches away from the side hood covers. I dont think a 440 would fit in mine. A LA block should though, i think they are physically about the same size as a 350, dont know how much work it would be to fab new mounts for the Mopar stuff though.

I,d rather have the 350z. I have wanted one for a while. The new 370,s are awesome

I,d rather have the 350z. I have wanted one for a while. The new 370,s are awesome

They look cool, and i have never heard anything bad about Nissan, and all the people i have talked to said they have had zero issues, except a tire eating problem caused by incorrect alignment specs from the factory fixed by a TSB in 2004.

But gotta think of whats gonna be worth more in the long run, and what the easier car to work on is. My 1999 EB Explorer was a $41,000 truck brand new (i paid $20,000 for it after it sat on a lot 1.5 yrs) now its worth $2500. hmmmm

-
Back