Southwest Mopar Nationals - Rowlett TX 9/28/24

-

DallasMan2000

Reaction score
I see where there is a Southwest Mopar Nationals in Rowlett TX on Saturday 9/28/24. My 67 Barracuda has never been in a show (at least under my ownership) and I am thinking about joining in. Do any other members here plan on going to this? I would like to meet other Barracuda/A-Body enthusiasts and currently don’t know anyone else involved with these cars in the Dallas area.

The condition of my car is very nice but not perfect. My engine is a 360 instead of the original 273 and there are touched up paint chips here and there. I have been to a few local car shows where people have made signs to explain what has been done to their cars, but not sure what else I would do to prepare and make the most of participating in the event.

IMG_0348.jpeg

Last edited:
The Southwest Mopar Nationals is a VERY good show (from my understanding) that I have always wanted to attend, but since I live a couple hours away I have yet to go. I would definitely be there this year with my Duster, but it hits on the same weekend as the Goodguys Fall show at Texas Motor Speedway since I had pre-entered long ago. I saw an ad for another Mopar show the same day in the D/FW area, so I may be the only Mopar at Goodguys? Anyway, it would be a great first show, imo. Look me up if you ever see me at a show, my car is pretty hard to miss :).

Love your car! My 2nd ever car was a 1968 Barracuda Formula S fastback. Blue/blue that was used exclusively for street racing back in the day.

I will be attending. My sister lives there and takes her car. I fly out from CA. Went last year and had a blast. Met a bunch of members from here. That’s her yellow bee!

IMG_8807.jpeg

Thanks for the responses and I will definitely sign up. My very first car in high school was a 67 Barracuda and our family bought this Barracuda about a year ago. Restoration was well on its way when we got the car and finishing up the process has been very special to me and my family. My wife and daughters will be at the half-marathon in Chicago the weekend of the show so I will be doing it solo.

Right now we have the back seat blown apart for restoration. Several members of this site have helped us find replacements for missing and broken parts. The fun of it all is getting it back together and functional as good as new with everything painted and detailed.

Looking forward to seeing some beautiful classic Mopars at the show!

IMG_7300.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll be there in the swap meet area, come by and say hello. I'll be in a silver F350 dually with some of my Mopar junk.

-
Back