spark plug wire set recommendations

-

383Duster

Reaction score
Does anybody have a recommendation of a good spark plug wire set for a 383 in a Duster. I have Schumacher headers and some wire ends need to be 90 degree and some 45. Summit, Jegs, Napa or ? Build it set is not a problem as long as its got decent quality.
thanks in advance

thanks for the help everybody...........hope I can help somebody out later.....

I like MSD 8.5s or the Accell 8.8s. I usually cut my own the pre made sets all ways seem to be to long.

You can find a bunch good quality spark wire kits that are universal (make your own) but it would be hard to find 45 and 90 degree boots with the same kit. You will most likely have to pick one of the two. I use good quality spark plug wire retainers (screw together type) and bought two packs instead of just one in order to have enough to pull together and keep the spark plug wires off the headers. You will find that helps a lot no matter the boot angle.

You can get individual boots at NAPA. I change the ends for cylinders 5 ad 7 to 90 degree boots to clear the headers. Also changed whatever cylinder on the distributor cap thats under the wiper motor to 90 degrees also.

I've been using Taylor for years..but i just bought a set of Firecore 50's very high quality wires:thumbup:

Thanks for all the info guys, I appreciate it. Think I will try the Moroso 72660, they claim to be made just for BB Mopars with headers and come with 5 90 degree ends and 3 straight ones.

Froendly reminder... You'll probably need wire looms also.

-
Back