Specs needed for torque pilots

-

Stock1659

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the specs for the two different pilot holes in the back of 273 crankshafts

Mike

Stock1659
IHRA

Yea, two different 64-67 had smaller pilots for the torque converters. The 68-69 had the same size as 318,340 & 360. I believe the front pumps on the 904 TF were different also.
I can mic it but I was hoping someone had the book "How to rebuilt a small block Mopar". I know it has the specs in it.

Mike
Stock1659
IHRA

I don't have that handy. If no one answers, I'll go out and measure tomorrow.

and FYI its 67 and earlier and 68 and newer, on everything. Everything from a slant to a hemi use the same size so long as its pre/post the split

Thx fishy68

Glad to help

and FYI its 67 and earlier and 68 and newer, on everything. Everything from a slant to a hemi use the same size so long as its pre/post the split

You sure about that Ed? I thought it was just the early SB's that had the small register?? The input shaft spline changed count on everything in 68 but I'm pretty sure I remember putting a 72 or 73 727 behind a 66 383 with no problem. If the register size was different I wouldn't have been able to do that. That was over 30 yrs. ago though so my memory might be fuzzy.:scratch:

-
Back