Speed TV, man WTF!!!

-

1970Duster

Reaction score
As I'm sitting here watch the 24 hours of Le Mans, speed channel decides to stop airing the greatest race ever to put on coverage of qualifying of some super sh!tty NASCAR race a Sonoma! Really wtf man. Completely disappointed at speed channel for this.:protest:
I just don't get it, WHAT is so great about NASCAR? After they stopped using production car, why is it this going.

the speed channel goes off the air on August 17, 2013....so complaint now.....lol

and do the lemans car look like production cars ?

the speed channel goes off the air on August 17, 2013....so complaint now.....lol

and do the lemans car look like production cars ?

Le Mans races 4 different types of cars in one race. There are two classes that they use/race productions cars (gt classes). Basically in the two gt classes they get production cars (vette, viper, etc) put in safety equipment and have at it.
You will also find them in the Rolex series races which also races production cars.

but no mopar A bodies...lol

speed channel become one of the Fox Sport Network channels..

Charlotte-based Speed channel rides off toward the sunset in August after a decade here as the nation’s foremost motorsports network.

Its owner, Fox Networks, announced this week that the channel – which reaches nearly 90 million households by satellite and cable, putting it in the big leagues of specialty networks – will be rebranded on Aug. 17 as Fox Sports 1, a broad sports network that will pick up some of Speed’s motorsports programming.

Fox is interested in challenging ESPN and its stable of networks (including ESPNU, which is based in Ballantyne). Since the beginning of television, sports have been a popular source of programming, but is in greatest demand now.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...les-on-big-payoff-in-speed.html#storylink=cpy

my favorite show ...R U faster then a redneck will be gone also...lol

Le Mans races 4 different types of cars in one race. There are two classes that they use/race productions cars (gt classes). Basically in the two gt classes they get production cars (vette, viper, etc) put in safety equipment and have at it.
You will also find them in the Rolex series races which also races production cars.
Thats not all thay do to them thay strip them down and have up grades

WHAT is so great about NASCAR? After they stopped using production car, why is it this going.

The dim and rednecks love nascrap. So speed "makes money"(hahahha since they're going off the air) by pandering to those fans.

The dim and rednecks love nascrap. So speed "makes money"(hahahha since they're going off the air) by pandering to those fans.

Fox has NASCAR contracts running into 2022.....Fox signed on the dotted line...so that is why you are getting Nascar .....and Fox owns the speed channel today also

From what I've seen and looked up, the further from the east coast and south east, I found that the "popularity" of NASCAR starts to go to crap. Maybe it's because people aren't packed like sardines and are exposed to bigger better stuff out there. I could be wrong.

We have allot of drivers from this side of the country, I do understand and I think espn II may still have the qualifying on the air for 24 hours of Le Mans
I have a close friend Trent Frances that changed tires for that race, and yes, he stayed in the pit's all 24 hours doing his thing for a Tide sponsored car back in the mid 70'es.
They may get you updated after this Sonoma qualifying 1970Duster :cheers:
They are doing 5 cars at a time and it won't take long :glasses7:

I do sympathize with you on the 24 hour road race at Le Mans :glasses7:
I like to see them at the Glenn :burnout:

more from Lemans after cup qualifying and later today...

Allen Simones just lost his life at La mans!! O my Prayers out to all the family and friends ..:sad5:

Charlotte-based Speed channel rides off toward the sunset in August after a decade here as the nation’s foremost motorsports network.

Its owner, Fox Networks, announced this week that the channel – which reaches nearly 90 million households by satellite and cable, putting it in the big leagues of specialty networks – will be rebranded on Aug. 17 as Fox Sports 1, a broad sports network that will pick up some of Speed’s motorsports programming.

Fox is interested in challenging ESPN and its stable of networks (including ESPNU, which is based in Ballantyne). Since the beginning of television, sports have been a popular source of programming, but is in greatest demand now.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...les-on-big-payoff-in-speed.html#storylink=cpy

my favorite show ...R U faster then a redneck will be gone also...lol

I seem to be watching Velocity more than speed channel nowadays. Used to be I had to buy the sattelite package that offered speedvision. Now i,m free to buy the cheapest.

24 hours of Le Mans qualifying is now back on the air :cheers:

24 hours of Le Mans qualifying is now back on the air :cheers:

This is the actual race, not qualifying. Also, the team wanted to quit after he went to the hospital but Allan's wife said no don't stop, so they are continuing to race because that how Allan would've of wanted it she stated.

It is kinda cool how these guys pass. Just like on the autobahn, flash the headlights indicating "get outta my way"

Night racing, just imagine fly down a dark track with only your head lights for a light source all at 170-210 mph.

-
Back