SPEEDHUT instruments

-

Buschi340

Reaction score
Any experience with them? Are they worth it? I want to build my own dash in my 72 Dart. And after my 5speed conversion I really need to know my speed correctly. Calibration is not possible. And Speedhut is the only brand which can offer speedometers in KM/H (metric) up to 250 km/h. And they offer them with GPS sensor. No cable required. So it seems very easy to install and accurate reading/measuring.

Anybody here who already has them installed?

i do but my car hasn't been on the road yet for speedo/fuel gauge calibration. everything else works fine though and i'm very happy with the products and customer service. btw, you'll have to get the electronic speedo sender, it doesn't come with the gauges.

Pauly, I'm thinking about the GPS Speedo. No further sender required... but good to hear that you're happy with them. How did you make the dash?

i used a fastlane west insert. i wouldn't use them again, the insert was crazy flimsy and didn't look like carbon fiber at all. i ended up using jb weld to fasten 1/8" lexan to the back of the insert (that was cut to fit) to help stiffen things up, then went over the front with
3M di-loc shrink wrap. i'm pretty happy with the results but it was alot of dickin around when it shouldn't have been.
someone else posted this link a couple days ago, looks interesting!

http://www.classicdash.com/shopping.../71-76/Scamp-/and/71-72/Demon/Drilled-Panels/

Attachments

• 6-27-2011 055_1.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 0621111843a (1).jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 188
this looks really nice. Unfortunatelly I'm not a friend of carbon and especially if its just a carbon optic. I'm thinking of using the original dash, cutting the part out the instrument panel and let a friend make something out of wood. Not sure if this will work. And it will look a bit messy with Autometer volts, oil and water (mechanical), speedo, tach and fuel gauge from speedhut. design follows function, huh? :)

i know the company. I just want to know if there is somebody here who has them already in his car.. ;-)

You might, but I didn't and there might be more here who didn't know about them but might be interested. :) I know I am going to do something custom with my Dart, but I don't know what yet. This has given me another option.

-
Back