Speedmaster Aluminum Heads

-

71GSSDemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Speedmaster aluminum heads? They had a great sale last Christmas. Didnt know if anyone has run them. If so, what are your thoughts vs 440Source, Eddy, etc

There's a sticky thread that might answer most of your questions.
The ones I've seen are about small block heads that's why I'm interested to see what big block guys have to say about them. Also I thought there was a couple different kinds? Of big block....

@318willrun has a set. Maybe a inspection and comparison thread + video? BB vs SB?
We may use them on our 440. But, I have to be honest...... looking real hard at the Edelbrock, and even considering building the cast iron heads. We are looking to build around 475-500 hp, but gobs of torque and street manners. Not sure these SM heads I have are the right ones for our particular build. May sell them and dump the money into another set. Shhhhh.... even looking at E-streets. Seems they are a fantastic street heads and some great reviews and numbers being posted with these heads in heavy street vehicles.

I had been looking at the speedmasters for my 383 but will stick with the 906's.

Does anyone have experience with the Speedmaster aluminum heads? They had a great sale last Christmas. Didnt know if anyone has run them. If so, what are your thoughts vs 440Source, Eddy, etc
I’d look at the sidewinder heads from Marsh Performance. Heard a lot of good things and for the price, it’s worth it

I’d look at the sidewinder heads from Marsh Performance. Heard a lot of good things and for the price, it’s worth it
wow, I just visited their site. Really priced right and flow numbers look decent OOTB

wow, I just visited their site. Really priced right and flow numbers look decent OOTB
Yeah, I was gonna run them before getting the sweet deal on the RPMs I ended up going with. Marsh will built them with your specs and with parts from Isky or comp or whoever you want

There are two different BB Mopar heads from SM.
One is the copy of an RPM head(and is the same casting as the Sidewinder head), and the other is a copy of the first gen of the Victor head.
The RPM copy head from SM seems like it was rarely available through them much in the last year or so.

The Ede, Stealth, SM heads all have their pluses and minuses.

Last edited:
There are two different BB Mopar heads from SM.
One is the copy of an RPM head(and is the same casting as the Sidewinder head), and the other is a copy of the first gen of the Victor head.
The RPM copy head from SM seems like it was rarely available through them much in the last year or so.

The Ede, Stealth, SM heads all have their pluses and minuses.
Does Speedmaster sell both styles? And as one style require different rocker gear than Factory?...

Also I've alerted my grandchildren for 318 big block build... Lord knows I likely won't be alive to see it...:poke:...

I think the 440 source stealth head is the best bang for the buck.
The set I bought needed minimum cleanup and perform well.

I think the 440 source stealth head is the best bang for the buck.
The set I bought needed minimum cleanup and perform well.
I'll have to mark my calendar an actual experience review instead of just heckling..:poke:..:rolleyes:...

Small block or big block? I would imagine big block. Does 440 Source even make small block heads?

I'll have to mark my calendar an actual experience review instead of just heckling..:poke:..:rolleyes:...
I made my choice based on a thread Jim Laroy has on them.
As I said they perform very well.

The SM/Sidewinder casting has a rather oddly shaped intake port opening.
I don’t know how they came up with that, and why they don’t just cnc the opening into the right shape...... like they do on the exhaust side.

EDFA72D7-4948-400D-BF45-7A9B2E53FF3A.jpeg

FA7521BB-7EA3-444F-B645-BAB030918FFE.jpeg

60CDFF48-16A5-4B93-BBB3-2A729C443F55.jpeg

682A6A1E-1D53-436C-97A2-52DB40B38146.jpeg

The Stealth actually has the most normal looking port openings between the three competing heads.

They also have the least flow in “ootb” form.

7568E148-4B43-4F28-B3FD-7DAB5601A75C.jpeg

AEB63AC1-7B66-49C8-B35F-7D1AE65F3F31.jpeg

The ports are aligned with the gaskets pretty good on the stealth head I got.
A little more cleanup than the one PHR posted.
of course I did a little more. lol

-
Back