Speedo Cable Help PLEASE!

-

Optik

Reaction score
I have a 1964 dart with a 1977 360/904 trans in it and i don't have a speedo cable. the 64 speedo has the screw-on end and the trans has the plug-type end that is held in with a Y-shaped clip, almost like a distributor hold-down.
is there a speedo cable that will work on this combo or am i going to have to have one custom made? if so how much should that cost?
thanks!!!
-tim

I think you need a speedometer drive unit (the piece that fits on the trans & the cable screws onto) from a '66 or later car (but earlier than the '77 unit you have). I'm pretty sure that's the year they changed to the later style speedo drive. You should be able to find one in a salvage yard. It should be the same as a lot of AMC stuff, since a lot of those used a Mopar auto trans. I think I even found one on a Jeep transfer case one time. You'll have to make sure you have the correct drive gear to make your speedo read correctly. This varies depending on the rear axle ratio & the diameter of your rear tires.

Brewers is one place you get it. This is the one I'm using in my 64 Valiant with the newer tailshaft.

SC1605 SPEEDOMETER CABLE 1966-67 B-BODY

Details
Price: $35.00

-
Back