Speedo

-

MOUSE

Reaction score
any body know how to roll back the numbers on an odometer. I have a dash out of a 70 dart. the long skinny one.

Link copied from earlier thread...
[ame="http://www.docstoc.com/docs/98076851/Mopar-Speedometer-and-Odometer-Problems"]Mopar Speedometer and Odometer Problems@@AMEPARAM@@doc_id=98076851&mem_id=17117594&@@AMEPARAM@@98076851@@AMEPARAM@@17117594[/ame]

Yeah, What you do is leave it alone.

These days it's not a big deal. Unless you have an extremely low miles car, no one cares about the miles on these things anymore. 99.9% of the time someone wants to roll the odometer back (or forward) is to accurately represent their car after a speedo change.

Technically, what you propose is illegal.
:happy1: Oh boy!
actually A lot of dealers, car repair shops ect. (legally) have to do exactly what your talking about when they have to install a new computer in the vehicle. (some do it to get a better price for the car, that's illegal) EVEN when you order one online they flash the computer for you and YOU give them your Odometer reading. doing an older classic (unless sold for big bucks with supposedly papers proving it) is just another thing you have to do. My speedometer is broken on my 66 and I have a replacement. the broken one shows 78thou and some change. the good one showd 99 thou and yep I;ll roll mine right back to 78 and some change and not worry a bit.

Technically, what you propose is illegal.
:happy1: Oh boy!
OK . what I've done is a ground up rebuild of the car. nothing is old it's all fresh. just wanted zeros ....easier to keep track of. the car is a complete custom also. :glasses7:

You just pulled of a resto now your asking us this? Your McGyver skills should be off the chain at this point. Crack that sucker 0pen and figure it out! :violent1:

Or, make a custom dash, ain't that hard.

I did it for the exact same reason. I rebuilt my car all new everything! I wanted zeros also. It was easy to do on my 71 scamp, but I dont know how to do it on your style. It should be fairly easy to figure out though. Like stated crack it open and investigate, it shouldnt be to hard.

Oh and really its no different than if you bought aftermarket gauges and installed them? They start at zero so I see nothing wrong with rolling back the odometer. Especially if you just installed all new drive train and parts like myself. Now if you are doing to with the intent to defraud someone to get more for your car that is a different story. Just saying.

You just pulled of a resto now your asking us this? Your McGyver skills should be off the chain at this point. Crack that sucker 0pen and figure it out! :violent1:

Or, make a custom dash, ain't that hard.
I was going to do a custom dash but am running low on funds and if you don't know, ask. I would have just pulled it out and tried to roll them back then would have been looking for another gauge cluster. give me a break.

any body know how to roll back the numbers on an odometer. I have a dash out of a 70 dart. the long skinny one.
got it .. thanks to everyone for your help or comments. I think it's about time to put up some build pics of the batmobile. It's almost there.8)

-
Back