Speedometer cable Assy?

-

sabre67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all does anyone know where you can buy complete speedometer cable assembly for A bodies? Thanks

Napa, O'Reillys, all the usual suspects list them, but beware- not all their listings have the correct part #.
Speedometer cable to transmission connection
They can get them, but it requires more work on their part than just punching it up on their computer. Take your old one with you.
Summit lists the correct one, but it's 3x the price. Maybe you can get them to price match Napa.

I bought mine at NAPA. It fit and worked perfect.

Should be ATP or Pioneer brand, I’ve ordered quite a few for various year older Dodges, nothing fancy or cautions needed. The sheaths are thick, plastic or metal ends and metal band crimp clamps. The drive wire is nothing out of the ordinary. Never had one break or a speedo needle jump around. All have been solid and quality. Lube it up, install and forget. Try rock auto for the options (part numbers) and see if you can source one locally.

I got a Official Mopar branded original from? Have to look through the receipts.

It was jumpy for a while, 2 years it seems but is Has been fine for the last 4 years.

Careful at Rock Auto . The one they sell does not fit. A member hear reported this to them and they are working to correct it. You may want to call 1st. But as said. NAPA has it.

If your housing is good - I’m just spit balling here.... anyhow if your housing is good you can take your cable apart - cable slides out from one end and clean and lube it and re use. If just plain worn out they are not that expensive and Napa is the better place to go. I tried the one from advanced auto. Cable was cheap and hard not to kink trying to get the curl to relax to Install.

Hi all does anyone know where you can buy complete speedometer cable assembly for A bodies? Thanks
I live in Ontario Canada and bought mine from NAPA Autoparts. Complete cable assembly that just fit as per OEM and it was $34.95 + 13% Ontario tax. Thinking any autoparts store could get it. Good Luck

-
Back