Speedometer problems

-

zigs

Reaction score
I've looked all over for a problem like this but can't find one. When I test my speedometer with the drill, it goes all the way over but doesn't return back." New cable". Needle flip flops with the direction of the drill. Is there a return spring that might be broken?

Ok . went back and checked, for one thing needle is bent runs to the outside of numbers. I've had alot of problems with this cluster. I'm thinking new face maybe.

I've looked all over for a problem like this but can't find one. When I test my speedometer with the drill, it goes all the way over but doesn't return back." New cable". Needle flip flops with the direction of the drill. Is there a return spring that might be broken?

Check the angle of the cable behind the speedometer. I had the same problem when I replaced mine. It was slightly misaligned and would not let my needle return to zero.

If it's still not on zero right now, reach up behind there and move the cable and see if it returns to rest.

there is a small coiled spring behind the speedo face and is staked to the housing with a small metal beveled pin. you might be able to see it without removing the 3 rivets holding the face on. Ill see if I can get you some pictures of it.

-
Back