HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
for those of you doing some updating on the old needles

thanks-dad.jpg

54e4502d9c666.jpg

924f5cbe-4bf5-4c03-b744-0a53917905a6.jpg

med_1585336354_image.jpg

upload_2020-12-8_16-33-49.jpeg

(tee, hee) - Now that we are on the subject of speedo numbers, does anyone know if there are decals available that replace original MPH values with Kms.PH. - for garden-variety '69 Valiant? For example, with speed limit at 70 kph, it is difficult to instantly calculate corrected 43 mph. :)

Last edited:
(tee, hee) - Now that we are on the subject of speedo numbers, does anyone know if there are decals available that replace original MPH values with Kms.PH. - for garden-variety '69 Valiant? For example, with speed limit at 70 kph, it is difficult to instantly calculate corrected 43 mph. :)
remember the old commercials. 20 gives you 30, 30 gives you 50, 50 gives you 80, and 60 gives you 100. you will do fine just sticking to traffic flow.

remember the old commercials. 20 gives you 30, 30 gives you 50, 50 gives you 80, and 60 gives you 100. you will do fine just sticking to traffic flow.

I'm sure I 'hi-jacked' a newer thread about dash decals but stumbled upon this one. GUESS WHAT! I finally found a link to what I seek. :canada: Place in Harrowsmith, ON. has decals and more. Go to <www.premiumdashdecals.com>.
Needle will still move as it always did and ODO will still register in miles, but, cheap enough to make it legal for D.L. roadtest.
6875ANRM15.JPG

Just multiply speed limit in kms x 6 and u will be almost spot on. 100 kms an hour x 6 equals 60mph! Works for me! Or use GPS!

I agree with the 'memory conversion' but, value in kms has to be multiplied by 0.6 (not 6.0). But, to be perfect, the value must be 0.62137199. :realcrazy:. (lol). It's the same as speaking two languages - as we are well aware in this country. Also the same when dealing with weather stats. Every 5 degrees in celsius equals 9 in fahrenheit, so 10 = 50, 15 = 59, 20 = 68 etc. I memorized all of them decades ago and there are no 'decimals' as in miles to kms. Also not a big deal as all of us in CDA with pre-'77 vehicles are aware of. I took my road test 50 years ago (in winter) in a '65 Monaco, so long before we went metric. And, at that point in time, much of the planet was already Metric. As far as I know, the vehicle my daughter uses in her upcoming test will have to display kms per hour. The (ICBC) examiner can fail anyone doing only 2 kms/hr over posted limit - if they choose to. I'd be interested to know what the rules are in MB - or other provinces for that matter. What I do not know is anyone in Canada who has taken a road test in a pre-'77 vehicle.
Regardless of the test rules, it only makes sense to have a metric display in our vehicles as long as we are residing in Canada. I've driven lots of miles in WA state and it's the exact opposite there when trying to convert from metric to imperial.
When all is said and done, $13. (U.S.) for a decal is pretty cheap.

Last edited:
-
Back