Spindle the same?

-

67dartragtop

Reaction score
Hello Everyone
I am using a 73 Dart disk brake system for install onto my 67 Dart,
I know the 68 Dart has small bolt pattern disk brake where as and 73 has large bolt pattern.
My question is....is the spindle the same?

What you need are 73 or later DISK brake spindles AND upper A arms (ball joints different, as well as lower joints for disk brakes. Consider swapping the spindles "side for side" to put the calipers at the rear. This will allow room for (future?) anti sway bar. If you do this you will need volare or Camaro hoses

I would do more research on this " brake upgrade."
Know what you are doing before you start to buy parts and then hope the parts will be compatible.
Get/download a few Service Manuals, preferably the year you have and the year you are trying to use the parts from.
Search for articles about the same conversion you are contemplating and follow thorough on all the aspects and parts needed to do it.
Parts like master cylinder type and size. spindles, control arms, brake lines, combination/proportion valves, wheel cylinder sizes, brake pedal linkage, ratio etc...
More important system on any car is the brake system. No experimenting here.
How To Install A Big-Bolt Pattern - Mopar Muscle Magazine
Upgrading Front Drum Brakes With Factory Disc Parts
And there is much more info out there...

Last edited:
I would do more research on this " brake upgrade."
Know what you are doing before you start to buy parts and then hope the parts will be compatible.
Get/download a few Service Manuals, preferably the year you have and the year you are trying to use the parts from.
Search for articles about the same conversion you are contemplating and follow thorough on all the aspects and parts needed to do it.
Parts like master cylinder type and size. spindles, control arms, brake lines, combination/proportion valves, wheel cylinder sizes, brake pedal linkage, ratio etc...
More important system on any car is the brake system. No experimenting here.

I agree. I been swapping brake parts/system stuff for awhile. I research the hell out of it before I jump, sometimes I still have to make changes or adjustments, and write it down in my swap book. Not for the faint of heart or wallet.

parts interchange.jpg
Hello Everyone
I am using a 73 Dart disk brake system for install onto my 67 Dart,
I know the 68 Dart has small bolt pattern disk brake where as and 73 has large bolt pattern.
My question is....is the spindle the same?
Knuckles1.jpg
Knuckles2.jpg
Knuckles3.jpg

Last edited:

Mostly good information, except of course for the usual absolute garbage about the taller knuckles causing ball joint angle issues. Either Ehrenburger or one of his kool-aid drinkers must have supplied the info.

Actual data shows the geometry changes from using the taller knuckles are both minor and possibly helpful, depending on the rest of the suspension set up. You can see the geometry data in this article.

Swapping Disc-Brake Spindles - Mopar Muscle Magazine

-
Back