SSI cams

-

3404spdfish

Reaction score
i know SSI closed up shop around 2011. did anybody out there pick up there product. I found an old cam (NIB) i must have threw in the closet and i was just wondering how i might find out the information about it. right now all i know its a solid tappet cam

Gone for good as far as I know. They were PAW's exclusive brand.

1722350711830.png

i installed a ton of the PAW white box SSI specials back in the late 90's thru early 2000's, if i found a "NOS" one kicking around i wouldn't hesitate to use it if that's what fit the build i was doing.

i installed a ton of the PAW white box SSI specials back in the late 90's thru early 2000's, if i found a "NOS" one kicking around i wouldn't hesitate to use it if that's what fit the build i was doing.
They were pretty decent grinds. PAW didn't sell junk.

They were pretty decent grinds. PAW didn't sell junk.
indeed. they were just basic backyard grinds that were similar to what a lot of the other mfg'rs were selling. they might not have had the lobe tech or whatever but value for money wise, you couldn't beat the combination.

i never had a problem with anything i bought there: reconditioned rods, production quality bearings/rings/gaskets/etc or any of the internal stuff like lifters/springs/valves, oil pump/pick ups. most all of the stuff was made by somebody big name and just white box'd for them.

indeed. they were just basic backyard grinds that were similar to what a lot of the other mfg'rs were selling. they might not have had the lobe tech or whatever but value for money wise, you couldn't beat the combination.

i never had a problem with anything i bought there: reconditioned rods, production quality bearings/rings/gaskets/etc or any of the internal stuff like lifters/springs/valves, oil pump/pick ups. most all of the stuff was made by somebody big name and just white box'd for them.
They were cams with Chevy lobes on most everything but they worked and didn't give any problems. A lot to be said for that.

By any chance anyone here has an old PAW catalog? I would like to know the specs of part number 10322.

218/228 DUR. @.050 276/286 ADV. DUR .441/.441 LIFT 114 DEG. LOBE CENTER HYD.

Without a part number or other identifying info, your best bet will be a shop with a 'Cam Doctor' program or having a cam shop manually spec out what you've got.

-
Back