start new job monday.

-

alsdemon

Reaction score
well after much hunting i start a new job monday. small 3bay shop father and son place. after the 12 years i spent at the tire shop i hope i can get back on trac with the scanner stuff. they will pay for my ase recerts. and seem to be nice guys. after 12 years of hereing we payyou well. it will be nice to work for a differant set up. as the tire shop was comm. only. 9 hours days no lunch break and alway be put down for spelling and stuff like that. they wore my feet out.my friend who i went in with was useing me to get him ahead and kept telling me to look for some where cheap to rent cause he didnot want to pay me more, telling me that my wife needs to go get a job. i,ve got 5 kids so she has a job at home.not mad at him but i hate when other people think they know whats best for me and my famly i tryed for 7 months now and running out of money as i was useing my savings to live on.he had a friend call tuesday abount working for him so i don,t feel like i,m letting him down but i don,t think the guy will work for 300.00 a week 6 days. well i will have to by some new shoes to help me stay on my feet. any rec. on good shoes to help a old guy keep up.lol

Good luck on your new job. FYI I have been using Redwing work boots for the last 23 years,they make great boots.8)

The doctor scholls worksafe shoes at walmart are affordable for starters.
Ask santa for a pair of Rockports.
Good luck

Good luck on the new job! I used get steel toe work shoes from Sears. Comfortable to wear all day long and they afford some protection as well.

I hear ya on some one trying to tell you how to liv your life, You have dun good raising 5 kids and I know it's a full time job at home and best for the children for mom to be there.
Prayers sent for a good new place to work and like DRENO said the Red Wings are comfy and light and last a long time, It's so good to hear this great news this morning.
Congrat's and I hope all goes well for you alsdemon

....................Congrats on the new job..............every1 needs a change, even at our age..........................kim............

Congratulations Al!! I hope your new job works out great for you and you feel at home there soon. I think you're overdue for a break too.

I'm very happy to hear you have a new job with good people. Don't give a thought for the last jerk you worked for. He didn't give a thought for you. He will always have a high turnover of employees treating people as he does. Forget him. Your new employer will see that he has hired the right person... you. All the best to you and your family.

This is great news Als. :cheers: Time for a fresh start. About your spelling, just "own" that fact about yourself...it's one of the things that make you YOU and no one needs a mechanic who is a good speller! Myself, I wish I had more talent for working on cars and less for spelling. Fixing things is a lot more valuable than being able to spell words right.

-
Back