start up suggestions

-

chad72duster

Reaction score
OK i have rebuilt my rear pretty much from the start, New {to Me} center section , green bearings and inner seals, all cleaned and painted any suggestions for when me and Craig start her up. The guy I bought the center section said for me to put it on Jack stands and run it with no load on the it for about 20 Min before i put it out . What do you guys think?? Also the center section has been sitting around for some time should I use and pre lube or anything or will the Gear oil be good??? Ive got to much money invested in this rear just to burn it up the first day, i wnat at least a week before it looks like Bretts.

Are the gears new? If the gears aren't new run it on the jackstands for 3 minutes, stop, run it in reverse for a minute, done. If gears are new they don't like for you to use synthetic oil. If new forward for 5, reverse for 1, forward for 5.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
New member here. I finally got my Barracuda and here is where the story starts. Hopefully it will have a happy ending.

So I live near Minneapolis and bought a California project car out near Milwaukee. The whole family joined meon the trip out and back to 'look' at the car. It was a long day inthe car, about 11 hours in the car to go out, make the deal, and then get the car back home on a trailer and into my garage.

The car is incredibly solid all the way around. The car was a vinyl top so the only real rust issues are two small holes at the lower corners below rear window where the panels meet the deck lid.

• No motor, but originally a 318 factory 4 speed (1 of 250 for 69 )
  • 23 spline A body length A833 trans from Sept 1970 in trunk right now
  • Front disc brakes
  • AC
  • Power Steering
  • 3.23 8 3/4" Sure Grip rear
  • I make another run to Milwaukee in 2 days to get the 383 that comes with the project. Supposedly out of a 68 Coronet (no infuction system however)
I'm pretty pumped to get the motor home and start tearing it down.

Got it up on jack stands to test the rear end, then onto wheel dollies, then spent a few hours cleaning out the live wasp nest inside the front fender, along with all of the mouse turds, pine needles, and leaves, etc. Also tore out the rear seats, which, based on how they looked, may have been the site of multiple stabbings.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

-
Back