starter fitment question

-

Abodysrule

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have the Remy 16054 mini-starter on my slant six with A904 automatic trans. This starter is OEM for a 2005-2008 5.7L manual transmission ram pickup.

I'm swapping to a 360 magnum at some point, will this starter fit? It'll be A904 automatic, like my slant is currently.

Thank you!

Brian

I'm pretty sure I remember taking a starter motor from a /6 & installing it in a 383 years ago. Worked & fit fine if I remember correctly. I'm also pretty sure they all interchange between all Chrysler engines, & auto. & manual transmissions. I'm sure someone else here can help you out too.

A slant and LA/Magnum/BB starter are interchangeable. Longer ones were the high torque. The late model MagnumV6/V8 starters were the ones to stick in early mopars, smaller and more power. I didn't realize they were the same as a 5.7 but an A engine trans will bolt up to a 5.7 and the starter does bolt to the trans....

OK, I wasn't sure if the flywheel for the 360 Magnum was compatible, but it sounds like the starter will work. It is a nice unit, small, powerful and quiet, fyi.

-
Back