Steering Link Help

-

jonn6464

1970 Duster
Reaction score
Just installed my steering link, but I'm having some memory loss...

Does the center link angle towards the back of the car or the front? I'm assuming towards the back, to accommodate the oil pan.

See the pic below for how it's installed now... angled towards the rear of the car. The tie rods and idler arm are mounted into the large end of the tapered hole.

Thanks in advance for the help.

PC221833.JPG

That's aftermarket.
Maybe they could help.
Is the pic reversed ?
Strut rods are going the wrong way.

That's aftermarket.
Maybe they could help.
Is the pic reversed ?
Strut rods are going the wrong way.

K member is QA1 aftermarket, yes. The center link is original from the car.
The front of the car is at the right edge of the photo.
I'm fairly sure the strut rods are in properly, shaft bolt attached at the LCA and pivot head at the K member.

Okay, now I see it.
My bad.
Steering box is not in yet.
I can look at my A body tomorrow

A member here painted his car and was swapping out the front end after the paint job. So he said if I didn't mine Green he would sell it to me cheap. For the price I got it for Green was a great color. You saw my finished results.

That's all powder coated. Not a single rattle can on the finished front end.

Last edited:
Lower control arms are even the correct color. Not 100% factory correct but I'm super close.

Wanna know what I paid for the Green front end as you see it? Lol

Lower control arms are even the correct color. Not 100% factory correct but I'm super close.

cool. is this a current build or something you did in the past? with your disc brakes did you need to run longer
Camaro hoses or did the supplied hoses work for length?

$120 Because it was Green. It was rust free & had the swaybar tabs on the lower control arms too.

April of 2017. Yeah I got a good deal. I got all the replacement parts & brakes from Doctor Diff. Cass is awesome.

-
Back