Steering wheels?Let see some pics.....

-

Slade Dean

Reaction score
Its time to pic up a new steering wheel.I think im gonna get the grant wood with the brushed spokes.But i dont know what size 15inch or 13 1/2...If anybody has pics it wood help.Thanks

Power steering is a must have with smaller diameter wheel. Shortening the signal arm is a good plan too.

wood knob in park.jpg

I saw a steering wheel in a thread here on FABO I just loved the other day =P~.....I can't find the post......Still looking.

Have a tuff wheel on the Demon, but don't think it will cut it w/ manual steering....:read2:

15'' For sure, I don't have a pic, but I've had both in my dart, and definaetly prefer a larger wheel.

The wheel is Jet brand. It has a momo bolt pattern so there's an adapter hub behind it. The hard part was placing the original horn button center in it.
The burlwood is Avery products vynil laminate (sign material). Its not an exact match to the wheel but close enough.

Redfish
First I didnt say how much I liked the job you did. I like it so much that I am now reconcidering the face material of the new console. It will be a large sweeping console that was either going to have a face of stainless or of aluminum. Your added touch of color and class has made me reconcider. I think it looks really classywith the black interior. The purests out there will hate what Im going to do anyway, so I dont give a rats. As it happens I am an avid woodworker and happen to have a number of book matched panels of various burl veneers, elm, ash, walnut. Thanks for the inspiration.
Andrew

Thanks. The deluxe burlwood interior was used with red, white, etc.. and it looks good with the black. In my eye it looks best with the beige (sandle wood ?) color vynil.
I saw a sample of a red burlwood that looked a little like fire. Thought it might look good with white vynil. Dunno where it could be bought though .
You can't beat Averys vynil . The stuff has been in my car almost 4 years and still looks new.
I've already bought a roll of their brush aluminum to do the lower section of my instrument panel. Match the steering wheels spokes.

I dont know about a must for manual.... I have a grant and manual steering

-
Back