Steve Magnante at BluePrint Engines any Q and A??

-

Johnny Mac

www.blueprintengines.com
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Steve Mags stopped by today. What a wealth of knowledge! Any questions for our in house celeb?? Here is a pic while shooting videos of our 408 Mopar Builder Series engine/trans packages.

BPC4085 Engine Options465 HP, 494 ft-lbsStarting at $6,399.00Roller Ca

Steve is super cool to work with. Any questions for him let me know! Will fire back tomorrow!!

imagejpeg_0.jpg

Some of you fellas have to think this is as cool as I do!!

Awesome Steve Maggs is a great dude and wealth of knowledge is an understatement. He’s an automotive encyclopedia. Ask him to build an altered wheelbase early dart with a hemi for me. He’ll like that.

Very cool. No video? This is like braggin about a hot girlfriend ant not posting pictures.

Ya know me Johnny a total simpleton on engines but I have a question on octane in fuel and what is the best to run in my 408.
I know 91 is the lowest but do I have to reset my timing if I run any higher than say 93 octane? and is there any benefit running higher octane?
Also I don't use ethanol fuel but is there any advantage to using it?

Watching the recent walk through video of the Manufacturing side of the biz what amazed me most out of piston/rod/ring equipment was the block after block that's the good ol' small block Chevy. I really thought they would be fading out now due to the LS stuff but seeing the rows of them proves otherwise. The lazer curtain on the Main hone was great to see. That means someone wants the workers to go home safe everyday.... Nice...

JW

Ya know me Johnny a total simpleton on engines but I have a question on octane in fuel and what is the best to run in my 408.
I know 91 is the lowest but do I have to reset my timing if I run any higher than say 93 octane? and is there any benefit running higher octane?
Also I don't use ethanol fuel but is there any advantage to using it?
91 or 93 is fine! No timing resets needed. Many areas of the country can't get 93. I don't think you will see any gains. It'll just be a little less prone to knock. No issues with 93 at all. For the $2 a fill up difference it probably is

91 or 93 is fine! No timing resets needed. Many areas of the country can't get 93. I don't think you will see any gains. It'll just be a little less prone to knock. No issues with 93 at all. For the $2 a fill up difference it probably is
Figured no difference but just checking. Thanks.

Steve Mags stopped by today. What a wealth of knowledge! Any questions for our in house celeb?? Here is a pic while shooting videos of our 408 Mopar Builder Series engine/trans packages.

BPC4085 Engine Options465 HP, 494 ft-lbsStarting at $6,399.00Roller Ca

Steve is super cool to work with. Any questions for him let me know! Will fire back tomorrow!!

View attachment 1715682177
Very cool! Love his work, print and his latest JY Gold. Seems very genuine.
Questions? Nothing technical, but I wonder how many of those cars he has rescued from the yards? And which one does he regret passing by the most? Probably gets that a lot

I knew Steve before he was anybody (Early 90s?), at the time he had (I think he still does) a 67 Dart 2-sedan an original Commando 273 that he built up with a Hemi and a cage. I went for a ride around the block, sitting in the front with my back against the diagonal brace on the cage, not a good idea as I didn't expect him to get on it as hard as he did, still a blast. It is nice to see that he has done well in sharing his knowledge.

Alan

I knew Steve before he was anybody (Early 90s?), at the time he had (I think he still does) a 67 Dart 2-sedan an original Commando 273 that he built up with a Hemi and a cage. I went for a ride around the block, sitting in the front with my back against the diagonal brace on the cage, not a good idea as I didn't expect him to get on it as hard as he did, still a blast. It is nice to see that he has done well in sharing his knowledge.

Alan
we have swapped a bunch of mopar stories back and forth! we have both lost wheels....broken torsion bars....on and on lol. yes he has had alot of sweet rides!

Alan

He seems like a decent sort.

-
Back