-
Status
Not open for further replies.

fourtwoseven

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Still looking for the lowest possible 180 degree aluminum manifold for a LA 273-318-340. Old style bolt pattern, not the newer vertical bolts into the heads.

I now know that the Holley Street Dominator is the lowest 360 degree manifold...only 3 1/4" from the bottom of the port flange where it meets the head (at the front of the carb pad). Actually those manifolds are out there to buy, must have been popular.

What I don't know is how tall the 180 manifolds are...obviously they are taller than the shallow 360s. BTW, I will probably have an Offy 360 to sell after this is all over....nice manifold but taller than the Holley. If anyone is interested, I could do a trade + $$, or just buy your manifold outright.

So if you have an Ebock performer or another low rise 180 manifold (Offy? Weiand?) that looks low, please let me know, and at the same time give me the measurement to the pad as above. I'm guessing the measurements will be in the 4 1/4 to 5" range at the front of the carb pad. Thanks, SJP

It might help to let us know what you are putting it in and what carb and air cleaner you want to use if hood clearance is the issue. Someone might know what would definitely fit your application from experience...

OK, here goes...I am putting Speedmaster LA Mopar heads on a 308CI Studebaker block, which is going into a 1967 Avanti II. You can probably tell why I have not bothered to put this info in before...the Avanti hood is very low, the Stude block is fairly tall deck, and I can only lower the engine so much in the chassis. Also, the design of the Avanti does not really lend itself to a hood scoop or power bulge. Now if anyone on the forum has put this combo together, I really, really want to know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back