Still trying to figure out what AAWJ means on engine block.

-

cruiser

Reaction score
Hi All: Does anyone out there happen to know what the letters "AAWJ" molded into the left side of my slant six block mean? All ideas welcomed - thanks.

It may be code for the foundry that cast it. Certain 360 cranks & heads have that cast into them also.

So i actually Google it as well.... @Syleng1 is correct. LOLOLOL
Well then my compliments to the women judges! They certainly know how to cast a nice engine block. Maybe one day on the bench adjudicating cases, next day working at the foundry. I'd take that job any day!

I was always told it had something to do with the specific iron makeup, as far as nickel content, etc. But I have no way to verify that. Might be something to it, or it might just be a legend I've heard for nearly 40 years.

I was always told it had something to do with the specific iron makeup, as far as nickel content, etc. But I have no way to verify that. Might be something to it, or it might just be a legend I've heard for nearly 40 years.
May be related but I read somewhere that cranks 360 cranks with CFD cast into them were stronger than the ones with AAWJ and that CFD represented a GM foundry!

All
American
With
Jesus

Just sayin…..

From 1979 technical service bulletins Miscellaneous October 18 1979 number 26-02-79 subject 1979 vehicle identification numbers

slant page one.jpg

slant two.jpg

-
Back