Stock 904 pushbutton hook up to 360

-

scottylack

Reaction score
I have a stock torque converter ... can I bolt this 904 up my 360 ...someone told me I need a special flex plate...? Anything else?

The 360 is externally balanced vs. all the other smallblock engines being internally balanced. You need to have the converter with the balance weight on it.

Yeah, B&M makes it for around $70 check the junkyards for a 360/904 another option is weight kiit you werld on $33 on ebay or check pettybluedart he has a nice converter for sale. you can use your converter but it will vibrate and teart up the seals over time

B&M and TCI both offer a flexplate that'll adapt your non weighted converter but that's not your only problem. If you indeed have an old push-button trans. that means the torque converter register (button) that slips into the crank is smaller o.d. than the crank register i.d. and that'll let the converter rock back and forth and break things. I've heard of guys making a spacer to take up the extra and that should work fine.

Yup, the B&M 10239 will take care of the balance issue. The small snout on your converter can be remedied by purchasing a spacer from Pat Blais at 206-365-1966.

-
Back