Stock build with 132 HP

-

Road/Rage

Reaction score
Are these guys lying or what? This is basically a stock build how can it be 132 HP? I was told with the build I have on my slant I would be lucky to push 100HP!

basically a stock rebuild is most likely a blueprint spec with the 'right' compression and probably a stage 1 cam. Now 132 to the wheels is out there. These motors were spec at 145 when the 225 came out before any accessories. Oh did they mention installed parts from Hooker (headers), Offy (4-1 intake) and Edelbrock (1405 4bbl)? Still a stock rebuild with bolt ons.
bs-Realistic-Silicone-Breast-Forms-For-Mastectomy-Crossdresser-Silicon-Form-Big-Tits-Transgender.jpg

They have a happy dyno.

Yes 70 HP!

They have sponsors paying them to advertise their products. If it was possible to bolt on 70HP to a slant six, the whole world of slant people would know about it. It's not. No matter how badly you want it to be, it's not true. And let me say this for the record......nobody wants it to be true more than us slant guys. Nobody. But it's not.

They have sponsors paying them to advertise their products. If it was possible to bolt on 70HP to a slant six, the whole world of slant people would know about it. It's not. No matter how badly you want it to be, it's not true. And let me say this for the record......nobody wants it to be true more than us slant guys. Nobody. But it's not.
No I said the before dyno befor ethe rebuild was 70HP!

Happy dyno is right. But I’m not surprised a tired slant can pick up 62hp on a fresh rebuild with headers, intake. and 4 barrel. They dynoed the original tired slant and got 70Hp. I bet they shaved the head .100” to get the compression up and a bigger cam to go with along with it. Let’s just be happy they did a mopar and a slant six at that. I call it a win. Nice little motor. I’d take it.

Happy dyno is right. But I’m not surprised a tired slant can pick up 62hp on a fresh rebuild with headers, intake. and 4 barrel. They dynoed the original tired slant and got 70Hp. I bet they shaved the head .100” to get the compression up and a bigger cam to go with along with it. Let’s just be happy they did a mopar and a slant six at that. I call it a win. Nice little motor. I’d take it.

No doubt, I would too. I just don't want our newbie friend to get the wrong impression. Too many people have dumped a wad into a slant six and been disappointed. As long as you know ahead of time it'll never, ever make power like a V8 (naturally aspirated anyway) you'll be fine.

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad to see they covered all the aspects of a good car rebuild.
It would had been good if they showed the internal engine rebuild, but there is only so much time.
"And my the slant be with you." LOL!

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad to see they covered all the aspects of a good car rebuild.
It would had been good if they showed the internal engine rebuild, but there is only so much time.
"And my the slant be with you." LOL!
They did! LOL I put part 2 on first... sorry about that!

Last edited:
They did not make the best use of the resources they have. I watched this build many times and there is no mention of cylinder head work......they really seemed indifferent to the Slant 6.

They did not make the best use of the resources they have. I watched this build many times and there is no mention of cylinder head work......they really seemed indifferent to the Slant 6.

They could of done more but it's probably close to most peoples hopped up /6. Not too many go to effort of porting not even in a lot of V8 builds and even a healthy bump in cr is lucky to give 10% hp increase.
You got to have other reasons to build a NA /6 power isn't one of them.

They could of done more but it's probably close to most peoples hopped up /6. Not too many go to effort of porting not even in a lot of V8 builds and even a healthy bump in cr is lucky to give 10% hp increase.
You got to have other reasons to build a NA /6 power isn't one of them.
Yah, well, they could have left the stock one barrel intake and exhaust manifold on there and been done with it if all they wanted to do was showcase the slant and it's endearing quality.

Last edited:
Yah, well, they could have left the stock one barrel intake and exhaust manifold on there and been done with it if all they wanted to do was showcase the slant and it's endearing quality.

To me I find builds like these to be most valuable a good chunk of the guys out there are gonna be 4 bbl cam and headers on stock long block and maybe head swap type hop ups. It’s good know a 5.9l with cam headers and 4 bbl cam do 400 hp, 320 Hp without cam and I’m sure the 5.2l magnum wouldn’t be far off. A Stock 2 bbl 318 with Headers 180 hp with 4 bbl and xe262 cam 280 hp etc.. /6 probably 170 gross hp. Good to Know for people trying to make decisions which way to go. Full out crazy builds are nice but don’t help most.

To me I find builds like these to be most valuable a good chunk of the guys out there are gonna be 4 bbl cam and headers on stock long block and maybe head swap type hop ups. It’s good know a 5.9l with cam headers and 4 bbl cam do 400 hp, 320 Hp without cam and I’m sure the 5.2l magnum wouldn’t be far off. A Stock 2 bbl 318 with Headers 180 hp with 4 bbl and xe262 cam 280 hp etc.. /6 probably 170 gross hp. Good to Know for people trying to make decisions which way to go. Full out crazy builds are nice but don’t help most.
I think that most people will at least mill head or deck the block, change the cam and work on the head some....what they did was overkill on the stock cam/head.

Just a FYI
Back in 1974, I had a bone stock 65 Valiant with a 170, which ran high 18's in the 1/4 mile. I built the car and engine, as a NHRA "legal" (blueprinted stock specs) Z/SA. The car did have headers, and a good converter, with a 3.91 rear gear. Car weight with driver was 2700 lbs, and ran 16.8's, which calculates to 101 hp. The 170 motor is factory rated at 101 hp.

Just a FYI
Back in 1974, I had a bone stock 65 Valiant with a 170, which ran high 18's in the 1/4 mile. I built the car and engine, as a NHRA "legal" (blueprinted stock specs) Z/SA. The car did have headers, and a good converter, with a 3.91 rear gear. Car weight with driver was 2700 lbs, and ran 16.8's, which calculates to 101 hp. The 170 motor is factory rated at 101 hp.

Well if a 4bbl cam and headers can’t make 132 hp at the wheels or 150-170 hp on engine Dyno things are worse than I thought.

Well if a 4bbl cam and headers can’t make 132 hp at the wheels or 150-170 hp on engine Dyno things are worse than I thought.
If the squeeze is bumped, sure, but w/o head work,.....it is worse than You thought. LOL!!

-
Back