stock X and J heads

-

ir3333

Reaction score
So many times the experts have snubbed the stock mopar heads and specifically the poor exhaust ports.When i discussed my custom cam build at length with the Ultradyne tech he specifically said to keep the exhaust and intake duration the same.His reasoning was because of the excellent stock exhaust port.
Have a look at this video!

watch

So many times the experts have snubbed the stock mopar heads and specifically the poor exhaust ports.When i discussed my custom cam build at length with the Ultradyne tech he specifically said to keep the exhaust and intake duration the same.His reasoning was because of the excellent stock exhaust port.

watch
They're not all that big but they are short and a direct path. LOL (and this is a 273 head)

016.JPG

Yes- the exhaust ports are lower than the earlier 318 and are a direct shot out. Sucks for header placement BUT they do flow better than other. There was a post earlier this month talking about this same topic.

watch

This has been brought up before, and I disagree totally.

The exhaust port is way too big, the shape is hideous and those two things make it a bad port.

I do agree with the single pattern cam. But not with the idea that exhaust port is any good, because it’s not.

-
Back