Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The wife will never get a Congrats from the mayor but she is relieved and happy all went well. The state auditor is a Barney Fife kind of guy. I am very proud of her expertise and work ethic. Too bad she had to retire early. She wasn't done yet but the Mayor has the power and wants a yes man and Shelley wouldn't play those games. Where's my link. Waterloo re-audit finds no wrongdoing

The wife will never get a Congrats from the mayor but she is relieved and happy all went well. The state auditor is a Barney Fife kind of guy. I am very proud of her expertise and work ethic. Too bad she had to retire early. She wasn't done yet but the Mayor has the power and wants a yes man and Shelley wouldn't play those games. Where's my link. Waterloo re-audit finds no wrongdoing

As it's said... Shake the dust off your sandals and move on....

Back from checking on mom. Covid test was negative. Thats a relief. Yesterday the care worker wouldnt tell me if there were cases in the home, today a tenant says there are cases in the home. Such BS.

Back from checking on mom. Covid test was negative. Thats a relief. Yesterday the care worker wouldnt tell me if there were cases in the home, today a tenant says there are cases in the home. Such BS.

Sucks.

Not sure what the equivalent of HIPAA is up North (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) where they can't pass on health info. It usually violates the "Common Sense" rules

Sucks.

Not sure what the equivalent of HIPAA is up North (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) where they can't pass on health info. It usually violates the "Common Sense" rules
That and I'm sure they have lawyers telling them not to disclose anything... Official/required communication only. :BangHead:

Good to hear she tested negative. When my mom was alive, her home would gave daily updates for resident and staff that tested positive.

Filling it up...

20220830_102945.jpg

20220831_094110_HDR.jpg

Good to hear she tested negative. When my mom was alive, her home would gave daily updates for resident and staff that tested positive.
I understand they don't want to do extra/unnecessary testing. But if they have other cases in house, I would think there would be required testing. And reporting results to family contacts should be part of that.

I understand they don't want to do extra/unnecessary testing. But if they have other cases in house, I would think there would be required testing. And reporting results to family contacts should be part of that.
Nursing home here reported right away and no one was allow in the building . That was the hardest part not being able to see my mother, she passed of covid last year . They let us visit her outside when weather was nice . But once she got covid we had to talk to her on the phone. She was so out of it . Don't know if she knew who was on the other end .

Kim’s mom is also in a home in alberta, Kim gets an e-mail regarding covid status in the care home.

Nursing home here reported right away and no one was allow in the building . That was the hardest part not being able to see my mother, she passed of covid last year . They let us visit her outside when weather was nice . But once she got covid we had to talk to her on the phone. She was so out of it . Don't know if she knew who was on the other end .
This right here, they were locking down the care homes in Manitoba if there was even one case. Not now, thankfully.

Sorry to hear that, condolences. Sadly, have heard similar from others. I think almost all US nursing homes were pretty much in lockdown for a long time. Not sure what current policies are. Our local medical facilities are all still requiring masks. Otherwise everything is pretty much 'normal' now. Will be interesting to see where flu season takes us. We had a brief period of mask required at work last 'flu season' but as soon as the state backed off they did too.

Speaking of that...

I had a young female ask me to take my pants off yesterday.... :D :p

Of all the times I've asked women to do that for me, it was nice to be on the other end of it.... :D

(It was a lab worker at the hospital yesterday, but at my age I'll take it any way I can... :D )

-
Back