Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
oil pan gasket, rear main seal, valve cover gaskets and maybe a new timing chain. THATS IT

I need to keep it low budget and I know it runs and runs good, I heard it run and I drove the donor car it was in, off the trailer so no surprises.
Got anything you want to sell me?

A towable grill we have at work turned out to have a 8.75 with 11X2.5 brakes (i think) and a 489 case. I swiped the brakes since they weren't being used an swapped my 741 center for the 489. Brakes look near perfect except they cut the e-brake cables.

A towable grill we have at work turned out to have a 8.75 with 11X2.5 brakes and a 489 case. I swiped the brakes since they weren't being used an swapped my 741 center for the 489. Brakes look near perfect except they cut the e-brake cables.

That is freaking grate! Prob a track lock also!

oil pan gasket, rear main seal, valve cover gaskets and maybe a new timing chain. THATS IT

I need to keep it low budget and I know it runs and runs good, I heard it run and I drove the donor car it was in, off the trailer so no surprises.
I think I have that stuff laying around. Do you want it?

sounds like a plan - do a new water pump if you do the timing chain

Rani rock auto has those pretty cheap and in the discount thread there is a 5% off code good till the end of the month

Ben there was a guy two spaces down from Mitch that had a ton of gears prob have what you want just give Mitch a call his phone is good.

I feel like i am wasting money on the balanced flexplate because the auto is temporary because i dont have the budget to install my 833 OD right now.

A hundred dollar flexplate gets it going NOW.

sure beats almost 3 bills for a balanced flywheel and then a 4 speed hump, shifter, and ............

The 833 install can come later

Any one else use evapo-rust? That stuff is freaking awesome.
I've used it on a lot of nuts and bolts. Actually, mixed results. Just had my windshield squirter parts in it the other night. I have 2 sets of them. One set looks near perfect other not so much. I did find that it does not work well if its cold. Had to take it down to the basement last fall when it was chilly in the garage.

I feel like i am wasting money on the balanced flexplate because the auto is temporary because i dont have the budget to install my 833 OD right now.

sure beats almost 3 bills for a balanced flywheel and then a 4 speed hump, shifter, and ............

The shifter and linkage is what floored me. They dont come cheap...

you should be able to find a used one for about 1/2 that

I've used it on a lot of nuts and bolts. Actually, mixed results. Just had my windshield squirter parts in it the other night. I have 2 sets of them. One set looks near perfect other not so much. I did find that it does not work well if its cold. Had to take it down to the basement last fall when it was chilly in the garage.

Yeah has to be over 70 I actually read the directions!

-
Back