Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yup... This is where it gets better. They told me on Friday, that they would come meet me outside of the fairgrounds on Sunday when I left. But... I had already plugged it , and it was holing air for two days. I leave Carlisle at 11am and get and hour down the road. People are flagging/waving/pointing. It was the right rear, so I cant see it , and my truck is so loud, I didn't hear it. I'm two miles to the next exit off I83, so I slow down to 40 and pull of in Emigsville/York. Called them on my phone, took me 25 mins on hold to get someone. But.... They were pretty quik calling me back with an ETA of repair. He got there in 40 mins and knocked it out quick like. Also Checked air in the other 3 tires. Total downtime 1 1/2 hr.
still a Murphy - just not an all caps, yelling and screaming Murphy.. these things come in threes... is there another one?

wait, what happened?
Just a rear window shot in my kids Dakota. A local salvage yard has one for $40. I'll get it and put it in. Looks like no tool business today. I'll just busy myself with chores until they get it pulled out. I have a dentist appointment for a filling repair at 1:00 so I can't start too big of a project. Sounds like a lot of excitement around here today.

still a Murphy - just not an all caps, yelling and screaming Murphy.. these things come in threes... is there another one?
Yup.... Got home with no other major calamity s to find the front tire on the right is flat. Was gonna take it back yesterday, but that means I would have to unload it, and I just didn't feel like it. I aint gonna let them charge me ANYTHING for today when I return it later. Gonna head out there and unload it after I eat here.

So here is a few pics of the Crew.....
IMG_2946.JPG
IMG_2947.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

dang...106 and 107 on friday and saturday.....sob it gonna be hot. Maybe I should be glad i passed up race tickets

so Mitch - did YOU get anything at the meet?
Yes I bought a 742 sure grip unit from Tikes buddy Max. Wanted one as a spare, I could put deep gears in.
Then bought a 4 speed pedal set for the 65 Belve Post Car.

Sales for me were great. Took 7 Totes of stuff. Only came back with 2.
I sold the entire 41-59 NOS parts inventory to a guy who specializes full time with that stuff. After I had already quadrupled my investment of two years ago on that stuff.

Sales for me were great. Took 7 Totes of stuff. Only came back with 2.
I sold the entire 41-59 NOS parts inventory to a guy who specializes full time with that stuff. After I had already quadrupled my investment of two years ago on that stuff.
Nice!

I did't want to deal with all the people rifling through the boxes all the time, and tearing 50yr old lids off, after I made a list of everything there and had it conspicuously placed, right at the end of the table. Then there was the fact that I couldn't get out and about see the Show , like I wanted. Glad I don't have to tote it around anymore, and he paid me twice what I paid for it in 2015. There's probably still a couple a K profit in it for him. Win..Win..
A good deal is only one that is good for both the Seller, and the buyer. Or so my Dad told me years ago.

-
Back