Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Speaking of money, I got a nice surprise to brighten an otherwise typical Monday. My mortgage company sent me an $1100 refund check for an overage in my annual escrow account.

Yeah, it's my money coming back to me...but still...it's $1100 I didn't have in my hands yesterday!

Speaking of money, I got a nice surprise to brighten an otherwise typical Monday. My mortgage company sent me an $1100 refund check for an overage in my annual escrow account.

Yeah, it's my money coming back to me...but still...it's $1100 I didn't have in my hands yesterday!
Car parts!!!

Nice!!! FYI, Brownells website has several step by step videos for free streaming to help you check everything and assemble it
I have some videos saved, but Im confused on how to make sure the gas block holes line up.. do you use a Micrometer to measure the distance? But then to make sure its not blocking half the hole.

Car parts!!!
In this case, yes!

Now I can pull the trigger the new torsion bars for the GTS instead of waiting until April. I might even buy the new dash pad and radio (vintage case, modern guts) so I can complete the dash restoration and scrap that ugly under dash radio.

I have some videos saved, but Im confused on how to make sure the gas block holes line up.. do you use a Micrometer to measure the distance? But then to make sure its not blocking half the hole.
What I did was take the micrometer and measure the distance as you mentioned but also the distance from the hole to the edge of the gas block and then made a mark with a pencil on the barrel to ensure the hole was at least close to prefect. The biggest thing that gets people is the gas block not being square on the a barrel. They'll get it rotated to the right or left slightly

What I did was take the micrometer and measure the distance as you mentioned but also the distance from the hole to the edge of the gas block and then made a mark with a pencil on the barrel to ensure the hole was at least close to prefect. The biggest thing that gets people is the gas block not being square on the a barrel. They'll get it rotated to the right or left slightly
For once I was thinking correctly!!! Thanks... The barrel has a dimple in the bottom for the set screw. It should be 180* from the hole, so I'll double check that as well.

For once I was thinking correctly!!! Thanks... The barrel has a dimple in the bottom for the set screw. It should be 180* from the hole, so I'll double check that as well.
As long as they are mostly lined up it's fine, you just don't want half the holes blocked

The dash pad is one of those Coverlay plastic molded covers that was glued over the cracked factory pad. It looks ok, but it's starting to come unglued in spots (you can see it over the instrument cluster to the left of the steering wheel). The under dash radio works fine but it's ugly and I rather have a vintage looking thumbwheel AM/FM unit with modern electronics in the factory spot...

Dash Bezels Installed 3.jpg

its sooooo windy here ...I cant stand it and the wind is freaking cold too

I did play with the valiant dash today....I got a radio delete plate in the mail so that is what prompted that

cool old radio, I doubt it was ever out of the car

CIMG0055.JPG

its sooooo windy here ...I cant stand it and the wind is freaking cold too

I did play with the valiant dash today....I got a radio delete plate in the mail so that is what prompted that

cool old radio, I doubt it was ever out of the car

View attachment 1715022685
I figured out who the man in the truck at your house was

The dash pad is one of those Coverlay plastic molded covers that was glued over the cracked factory pad. It looks ok, but it's starting to come unglued in spots (you can see it over the instrument cluster to the left of the steering wheel). The under dash radio works fine but it's ugly and I rather have a vintage looking thumbwheel AM/FM unit with modern electronics in the factory spot...

View attachment 1715022684
I know another guy that just bought one of those caps... He has not glued it yet, but they look decent.. I wish the PO didnt cut the dash on my car for an aftermarket radio... I would of rather had the OE one and hid the other one under a seat or glove box etc...

View attachment 1715022684

those are pretty good dash caps but some people don't like the hard plastic feel to them over the original soft vinyl.

when I bought my upholstery machine I was involved in a shop that was selling those wholesale so I bought one for the 72 demon but I have not installed it yet

-
Back