Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I've got a hemi ready to run, I don't have a safe room here
nun here, I am on a ridge and covered with oak trees, flat land get 95 % of the tornadoes, I do have a center closet and a tub :rofl: Can't out run what yea can't see :thumbsup:

nun here, I am on a ridge and covered with oak trees, flat land get 95 % of the tornadoes, I do have a center closet and a tub :rofl: Can't out run what yea can't see :thumbsup:
True and that's what worries me this hour.

Check this out, we've already got one spinning up just north of me about 35 miles

IMG_0652.PNG

Grab a mattress to throw over you if you have to dive in that tub. It's been known to save lives...

The helmet idea isn't bad either.

Grab a mattress to throw over you if you have to dive in that tub. It's been known to save lives...

The helmet idea isn't bad either.
No that's actually a genius idea

True and that's what worries me this hour.

Check this out, we've already got one spinning up just north of me about 35 miles

View attachment 1715023045
Stay safe Chris. I once dodged 38 tornados within 50 miles of my house in Memphis in a 36 hour period back in 2010. Closest one took out a mall 5 miles from my house.

We didn't have a basement either. We were in and out of the closet under the main stair case as I watched and tracked the tornadoes. I let my wife and daughter sleep on the futon in the living room between waves and woke them to get in the closet when they got close.

I swear that was the longest weekend of my life...and sometimes I can still hear the tornado sirens ringing in my ears 7 years later.

Oh man !! you have a safe place, all above is good practice
Not here, my only shot if it's on a path towards us is To escape it with speed. I have alerts setup for 3 counties away in all directions, hopefully gives me a chance to grab kids an run

Stay safe Chris. I once dodged 38 tornados within 50 miles of my house in Memphis in a 36 hour period back in 2010. Closest one took out a mall 5 miles from my house.

We didn't have a basement either. We were in and out of the closet under the main stair case as I watched and tracked the tornadoes. I let my wife and daughter sleep on the futon in the living room between waves and woke them to get in the closet when they got close.

I swear that was the longest weekend of my life...and sometimes I can still hear the tornado sirens ringing in my ears 7 years later.
Yikes

No that's actually a genius idea
My daughter used to put her bike helmet on whenever we heard the sirens. She was only 4 years old but had the drill down pat...Helmet, big stuffed animals and a pillow then stuff herself in the furthest back part of the closet under the stairs that she could and cover with a big heavy comforter.

75 mph sustain winds here near me, 8 miles away, crazy this morning, just waiting this out watching this system !!

Batten down the hatches :eek:
I did that at 5 pm yesterday , can't wait to see what it looks like outside when the sun pop's out.. tree's down and damage homes in my area, folks are doing with out power !! I am hearing roads are blocked with trees down

Ok, time to put the coffee on , this front has past , tractor trailer rigs are over turned near by on 555 !!

Saw more busted up trees on way home yesterday. They said it was F1 that rolled through just North of my place.
Good Morning

Saw more busted up trees on way home yesterday. They said it was F1 that rolled through just North of my place.
Good Morning
huh - there was an F1 up here the other day - about 1/2hr away, small town, F-ed 'em up pretty good I guess - they had to declare a state of emergency

Supposed to get a round of Tstorms this afternoon with strong winds. Just hope they get out of here early. Need to take the Duster up the road and drop off for alignment and inspection tomorrow

-
Back