Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Didn't know they produced them under private labels.
I think most big companies make 'other branded' look alikes. Just gotta watch the specs/warranty. They internals are often different. They could have actually improved it for MAC and downgraded for another name... Although, from a company like IR, even the cheapest knockoff was probably still a decent tool. Just not as powerful or gonna last quite as long.

I think most big companies make 'other branded' look alikes. Just gotta watch the specs/warranty. They internals are often different. They could have actually improved it for MAC and downgraded for another name... Although, from a company like IR, even the cheapest knockoff was probably still a decent tool. Just not as powerful or gonna last quite as long.
Yep, that's why I would have to look at it up close. The old IR231 was made for many different companies and labeled for them. We owned the patent rights to the AW234 and it's replacements but IR made them for us. The AW234 was the IR231 internals but we had a different case and our nose cone had one fastener on the top and 2 on the bottom. Opposite of the IR version. Ours had more power because the exhaust port didn't have to fight with the fastener and the casting. We produced the 234 with the aluminum nose for years and replaced it with a steel nose version for safety. It was a AW234A.

aw234.jpg

ir231.jpg

Yep, that's why I would have to look at it up close. The old IR231 was made for many different companies and labeled for them. We owned the patent rights to the AW234 and it's replacements but IR made them for us. The AW234 was the IR231 internals but we had a different case and our nose cone had one fastener on the top and 2 on the bottom. Opposite of the IR version. Ours had more power because the exhaust port didn't have to fight with the fastener and the casting. We produced the 234 with the aluminum nose for years and replaced it with a steel nose version for safety. It was a AW234A.

View attachment 1715100305

View attachment 1715100306
Like this....
2017-10-14 13.20.09.jpg

Holy crap!! Are these old poly really worth that?!

IMG_3046.PNG

@krazykuda, should I go to 5/16" stem 2.02" intake valves or stick with the standard 3/8" stem?

I'm contemplating going full retard on these heads. It turns out it isn't as expensive to re-do them as I thought. Going to need a ridiculous cam, too.

I would think that 3/8 with more meet will help distribute the loads better for less wear...

Well, the new hot water heater is fully installed and operational. They did a fine job and didn't leave a speck of evidence that they did all that work...except for the new system sitting in place of the old one.

Great!!! :thumbsup:

Now you can get tanked.... :D

I do too Ramie and you can't get good pizza consistently out here where I live. A good straight-up pizza place not trying to be a fancy restaurant and not a hole in the wall with sketchy employees....would do well.

It's hard to find bad pizza here.... :D

(Chicago...)

old joke where I work with some of the old Polish guys - they said older older guys were so cheap that moths would fly out IF they ever opened their wallets

In the days of the buffalo nickel, my grandpa used to say, "That guy could pinch a nickel so tight, the Indian would kiss the buffalo's ***..."

-
Back