Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey.
Long day, cut firewood and put away all the stuff that was dropped for seasonal storage. Just my junk to wrap up.

I bet.
Have 2 12x20 canvas shelters on the way, one is mine, my junk may fit.

We went to a party this afternoon at my CEOs house. I should say more like estate...5700 sq. ft. stone monster worth $1.2 million. It must be nice to have that kind of money...

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

These pics are from before he bought it, it's completely relandscaped now with a large salt-water pool in front of the sun room in the second pic.

We went to a party this afternoon at my CEOs house. I should say more like estate...5700 sq. ft. stone monster worth $1.2 million. It must be nice to have that kind of money...

View attachment 1715100756

View attachment 1715100757
These pics are from before he bought it, it's completely relandscaped now with a large salt-water pool in front of the sun room in the second pic.
Kinda makes the van I live in look small..

Hey Rick, did you see Tikes request for the pecan juice in the invite thread? He wants a few bottles to take home.

View attachment 1715100756

View attachment 1715100757
That is about medium priced home here....

Looks like a real nice home.

I know there are many people who want something new, where the houses are so close together they look like they are going to slide into each other. I don't get it but to each his own. ToolmanMike's house is the kind I like. Built in the '20's or '30's, when people had household help. You had a back door. And things like sleeping porches and laundry chutes, and a back stairway. I got to live in a 1929 house in Atlanta that hadn't been Home Depot'd, glass doorknobs, an old Roper stove/oven...everything was original on it...we had a music room between the dining room and the living room, it had French doors so you could close it off. A small alcove at the front of the house for a desk. A porch across the front and the front door had narrow window on either side so the dog could see someone coming and go crazy. Loved that house.

I do love our house. A great place to come home to. It is frustrating because it is old and hard to repair. Our original 97 year old clay tile roof scares most contractors. We will get it all fixed.

I love Homes with character . I built and designed mine with my own two hands. It has character baby!!:lol:

I know there are many people who want something new, where the houses are so close together they look like they are going to slide into each other. I don't get it but to each his own. ToolmanMike's house is the kind I like. Built in the '20's or '30's, when people had household help. You had a back door. And things like sleeping porches and laundry chutes, and a back stairway. I got to live in a 1929 house in Atlanta that hadn't been Home Depot'd, glass doorknobs, an old Roper stove/oven...everything was original on it...we had a music room between the dining room and the living room, it had French doors so you could close it off. A small alcove at the front of the house for a desk. A porch across the front and the front door had narrow window on either side so the dog could see someone coming and go crazy. Loved that house.
Here's a photo of my our house taken in we believe 1921. The small tree on the left is a giant Oak in the neighbors back yard now.
senior photos 008.JPG

Time to call it a night...after my sunrise swim it was a good day...brunch with a bloody Mary, did a little shopping, and washed and waxed the Fury. Not the whole car but most of it haha! Used a little chrome polish...got the rust off the turn signal stalk.

That's really cool. When you went to see your house did you know you wanted it right away?
The open house was on a Monday night. My wife was working a half mile south so I just met her there. I walked up the front steps and looked through the living room, through the dining room to the kitchen. My wife was in the kitchen and she threw up her arms and said "this is it" We put an offer on it that night.
first snow 2016.jpg

The open house was on a Monday night. My wife was working a half mile south so I just met her there. I walked up the front steps and looked through the living room, through the dining room to the kitchen. My wife was in the kitchen and she threw up her arms and said "this is it" We put an offer on it that night.View attachment 1715100802
Neet place Mike suit's you

-
Back