Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
For her it's the no guarantee of getting a job that pays enough to warrant it
That makes no sense at all. The future is an unwritten book and you don't know where life will take you. Having an advanced degree will always give you more and better options.

You also don't know if she will be in your life forever and you need to do what's in your own best interest too.

For her it's the no guarantee of getting a job that pays enough to warrant it
Sounds like its more of the time to do it. There are only so many hours in a day, week, etc. Don't use up all your family time. Kids will be grown up and out of the house (with a little luck, LOL) before you know it. How long till done with service? Maybe get that done first.

Last edited:
That makes no sense at all. The future is an unwritten book and you don't know where life will take you. Having an advanced degree will always give you more and better options.

You also don't know if she will be in your life forever and you need to do what's in your own best interest too.
No one can have too much Education.

but for you it's the fact that once done you will always have the paper and therefor the opportunity to use it to get a better job and make more $$ (or at least, that's how it's supposed to work)
When competing for a job, it's not just being qualified. It's having the most/ best. Lots of paper and military service can be huge determining factors

oh - I forgot about this - look what I saw sitting against a curb this past weekend
KIMG0004.jpg

yea - but wheels are wrong and I don't think you could get that color in 67/68 - and I didn't get any closer than that so it's possible that it's a "rebadge" car...

but for you it's the fact that once done you will always have the paper and therefor the opportunity to use it to get a better job and make more $$ (or at least, that's how it's supposed to work)
It doesn't always work tho. I have a PhD and it doesn't seem to be getting me any further ahead..

Professor of heavy Drinking...

No one can have too much Education.
Two sides to that coin.
All the education in the world, but still cant change a tire. I know some people like that. Atomic energy of canada is full of highly educated people. Some , i have found are quite useless. Yet, just like a farmer, they are outstanding in their field.

Two sides to that coin.
All the education in the world, but still cant change a tire. I know some people like that. Atomic energy of canada is full of highly educated people. Some , i have found are quite useless. Yet, just like a farmer, they are outstanding in their field.
Yep, My late father in law had THREE Doctorates. And he could not pound in a nail without book telling him how. We DID NOT get along. I can do/build /fix anything. No books needed.

Sounds like its more of the time to do it. There are only so many hours in a day, week, etc. Don't use up all your family time. Kids will be grown up and out of the house (with a little luck, LOL) before you know it. How long till done with service? Maybe get that done first.

At the most, 22 months and counting , the shortest, could be as soon as January.

Yep, My late father in law had THREE Doctorates. And he could not pound in a nail without book telling him how. We DID NOT get along. I can do/build /fix anything. No books needed.
See that's where I've been told I have an advantage, my dad is an engineer, and my grandfather is a farmer, so I grew up being taught not only hands on stuff like welding, building etc, but the math and science side of things as well.

If I go back, I'm looking at a MBA in business finance. Current unemployment rate of 1.86 percent nationwide and .67 percent in my state. Averaging starting salary of 96,250 in my state with an outlier of 236,000 and a low of 72,000

The time involved

No, my full time job
How many semesters are we talking about? The difference between being an experienced tech guy and a MSc with experience is big - in many ways. Confidence, pay, career possibilities.

I would say you'd need to have your wife on board but I think she'll come 'round. It's a GREAT opportunity.

How many semesters are we talking about? The difference between being an experienced tech guy and a MSc with experience is big - in many ways. Confidence, pay, career possibilities.

I would say you'd need to have your wife on board but I think she'll come 'round. It's a GREAT opportunity.
The university here is wierd. It's not an 18 week semester, it's a total of 24 classes, 1 every 6 weeks, take about 22-24 months. So if I'd start in January, I'd be close to my master by the time I get out of the military

I would argue that it's not only about the money. Having the degree vs not having it makes a world of difference in the interaction with the people you work with. It's a layer of respect that simply makes your opinions matter more - in some cases.

-
Back