Stop Light Switch

-

Michael Siple

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone with any hacks on servicing this PIA to get to switch ? Hands & fingers aren't as flexible anymore. 71 Duster. Thanks. -Mike

Anymore, when I need to get up under dash area, I remove the front seat, and lay on my back. Still a pain in the butt, but makes it easier.

The brake light switch mounting bracket bolt is accessable from the pass side of the steering column. I'm a big guy and can access it with seat in place.

With seat removed it's much easier

Anyone with any hacks on servicing this PIA to get to switch ? Hands & fingers aren't as flexible anymore. 71 Duster. Thanks. -Mike
No hacks but you might learn/use some new swear words! I could only ever get about 1/8 bolt turn for each grab with the wrench. Real pain in the hinee for sure!

No hacks but you might learn/use some new swear words! I could only ever get about 1/8 bolt turn for each grab with the wrench. Real pain in the hinee for sure!
IIRC a 3/8 socket wrench and extension or maybe a 1/4" socket wrench and extension

Something so simple :BangHead: Adjusting mine is on the todo list. The brake lights occasionally stay on and I have to remember to lift pedal up after braking lol.
Similar to putting that damned concave washer/clip for throttle cable!!

-
Back