Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Did you get your quals done Craig? I get a lot of PD guys for tune ups prior to qual day. I competed this last weekend with a 45 at fifty yards in a bullseye match. Holy smokes tuff game. I was not the worst but I certainly did not threaten the sponsored shooters! Them boys had it going on. I could not even tell what their pistol started out life as. Equipment was super refined. I had a blast and was clearly not serious enough for most of the participants. Fifty yards one handed in the wind was super difficult. Not a lot of high scores.

Did you get your quals done Craig? I get a lot of PD guys for tune ups prior to qual day. I competed this last weekend with a 45 at fifty yards in a bullseye match. Holy smokes tuff game. I was not the worst but I certainly did not threaten the sponsored shooters! Them boys had it going on. I could not even tell what their pistol started out life as. Equipment was super refined. I had a blast and was clearly not serious enough for most of the participants. Fifty yards one handed in the wind was super difficult. Not a lot of high scores.
I did, 49/50 with a new never fired weapon. A Glock 43 "Baby Glock" loved it. Threw one at 25 yards but hit him in the other head so it counts in my book. :D

Last edited:
All that would be great intimidation factors, but if they did nothing but fly over or hover, how long before they just call the bluff and continue?

Or a bong on a drone showering the crowd with some good hooch smoke. Then have some pizza's delivered. :rofl:

Who is funding these rioters anyway? I heard they estimated that only 20% of the Minneapolis protesters were local.

I find it hard to believe that only 20% of the protesters are local... I think it would be higher than that...

Someone is making up numbers to push their agenda...

Hmmm. I wonder how hunting season will be this year after most people have been cooped up this long? I'm guilty of falling asleep in the blind while hunting. My brother has tags for elk in Colorado and Muledeer in Wyoming.

Just don't go hunting with Dick Cheney..... :elmer:
runaway.gif

Last edited:
Morning everyone, went to the Mopar show here yesterday, bigger turnout than I thought would be there. 200+ show cars, and about the same race cars. Everyone seemed to keep their space between them selves.
Sounds nice.

Bicycle ride to the garage went well.
One gas station I went by was getting plywood over the windows. Other than that, nothing of note on that ride down.
Landlord heard some news of activity in South P so he called. Not that close but I had finished sanding and already had packed up the coil and ECU, along with a spark tester. It was time for lunch.

Please drive through... :D
Here's a drive through incident we recently had.
We have a large old two lane bridge west of Kansas City. The bridge leads from Leavenworth, KS to the Missouri side. Last week at 5pm a car stops in the middle of the bridge quickly backing up traffic. The driver gets out on the bridge, and starts shooting cars stopped striking a couple people.
A soldier from Ft. Leavenworth who's stopped on the bridge sees what's going on. He pulls out, quickly accelerates, and runs over the shooter as he shoots at the soldier and his vehicle. The soldier wasn't hit, the shooter is in critical condition. Hard to say how many lives were saved.

Only Hugh can prevent florist Friars....

The friars were behind on their belfry payments, so they opened up a small florist shop to raise funds.

Since everyone liked to buy flowers from the men of God, a rival florist across town thought this was unfair. He asked the good fathers to close down, but they would not.

He went back and begged the friars to close. They ignored him.

So the rival florist hired Hugh MacTaggart, the roughest and most vicious thug in town to "persuade" them to close. Hugh beat up the friars and trashed their store, saying he'd be back if they didn't close up shop.

Terrified, they did so, thereby proving that: Hugh, and only Hugh, can prevent florist friars.

We have a large old two lane bridge west of Kansas City. The bridge leads from Leavenworth, KS to the Missouri side. Last week at 5pm a car stops in the middle of the bridge quickly backing up traffic. The driver gets out on the bridge, and starts shooting cars stopped striking a couple people.
A soldier from Ft. Leavenworth who's stopped on the bridge sees what's going on. He pulls out, quickly accelerates, and runs over the shooter as he shoots at the soldier and his vehicle. The soldier wasn't hit, the shooter is in critical condition. Hard to say how many lives were saved.
A motor vehicle can be a pretty effective weapon!

Sounds like self defense to me. :thumbsup:

I should go put the coil in and see if that alone was the problem.
It's about the only vehicle parked along the section of the park. Think I should move it.

A quick check of the primary windings showed 6 ohms.
Took one look at the contacts and figured 4 of those ohms were probably oxidation.
A little fine steel wool and
upload_2020-6-1_15-4-1.png

yup.

So how did I know to check the coil first instead of spark.
I had left the key in run. Seemed like the most likely item to burn out. And, because the resistor is not a ballast, but a wire in the harness, its PIA the check.

Sounds like self defense to me. :thumbsup:
I don't know what the laws WRT to deadly force to protect other people's lives. I assume when its a clear case like this, a citizen is generally covered; and if not most prosecutors will do what they can to avoid bringing charges against a good samariton.

Well tomorrow it goes back to a painter ( for the last time, I hope). Put a makeshift fuel jug under the hood, since the fuel tank was out to replace trunk floor. Had to drill new holes for the seat, since that floor is also new. Drove it around my neighborhood a little. First time its been under its own power in two years.....

IMG_20200601_151620.jpg
IMG_20200601_151641.jpg

-
Back