Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just made 90 here. Humidity wasn’t bad. I finished cutting the lawn from the other day.
Need to cut mine again soon. With all this rain we've had, seems like I cut more than once a week......

Replaced one of my security lights, had to rent a boom lift, went with a LED set up. Hopefully will not need to worry about it for a while.

Need to cut mine again soon. With all this rain we've had, seems like I cut more than once a week......
That was the back that I just did. I'll let that get a little shaggy. But around the house I have been doing every 5-7 days.

So this one is for BD, true story about Gin and lemonade, it is a staple in our families house come summer. So as a young Marine I only came home on leave once as there was just not much for me there. When I get home my Father promptly takes me to town (grain elevator, two bars and more churches than I can count) As he paraded me around we drank free all night. Small town folks do that for Vets! Anyway to say I was dehydrated is an understatement. This goes on pretty much all three days, morning of my departure I am super dehydrated and spy a a glass jug of lemonade. I drink almost entire pitcher, my Dad hugs me and puts me back on bus to base. Once I get to the base I give him a call on the pay phone to let him know I arrived in one piece. I explain to him I was so ill I felt trashed all the way back to base during bus ride. He simply responds “reckon so” that is Dad speak for more to the story. I finally asked him WTF? He calmly explains the pitcher i slugged down was pre mixed! I was so hungover I could not even taste the alcohol and thought it was just plain ol lemonade! Enjoy a cool refreshing gin and lemonade this summer but beware the pitchers!

The last lawn cut here was 2 weeks ago and they won’t be doing it this week either.

Our last real rain was June 11th and only 0.2” then. Was a week before that that we got a rain of 0.4”. Since then, 0.07” was all the rain gauge recorded...10 days ago.

So this one is for BD, true story about Gin and lemonade, it is a staple in our families house come summer. So as a young Marine I only came home on leave once as there was just not much for me there. When I get home my Father promptly takes me to town (grain elevator, two bars and more churches than I can count) As he paraded me around we drank free all night. Small town folks do that for Vets! Anyway to say I was dehydrated is an understatement. This goes on pretty much all three days, morning of my departure I am super dehydrated and spy a a glass jug of lemonade. I drink almost entire pitcher, my Dad hugs me and puts me back on bus to base. Once I get to the base I give him a call on the pay phone to let him know I arrived in one piece. I explain to him I was so ill I felt trashed all the way back to base during bus ride. He simply responds “reckon so” that is Dad speak for more to the story. I finally asked him WTF? He calmly explains the pitcher i slugged down was pre mixed! I was so hungover I could not even taste the alcohol and thought it was just plain ol lemonade! Enjoy a cool refreshing gin and lemonade this summer but beware the pitchers!
I like the twisted tea. Cannot taste the booze but the claim it is 5 percent....
15936545966193645244877495606250-jpg.jpg

Well, im going out to cut grass. I need to get a few hours in on the tractor seat.

N95 is what everyone should be wearing, not Handkerchiefs:thumbsup:
Not really. Even just basic cotton cloth masks reduce the transmission rate by 90%+ if everyone wears them. Masks are an important way to slow the thing down to a crawl.

N95 masks are for the front line health care providers who have infected people in their face all the time and need to reduce the risk as far as possible in order to keep fighting for lives without sacrificing their own.

But what do I know, it’s not like I am a medical science professional with decades of experience or anything.

People can believe what they want, but believing doesn’t make fact. Masks save lives, and if we all do it, this thing will be beaten into submission.

I dont believe masks work and I do believe it will cause other health related issues further down the road. Look at wearing a mask while sanding sheet rock.. That stuff is all up your nose and everywhere else.. Tell me how a microscopic virus is stopped by cloth when a big *** piece of dust isnt. Its like wearing a swim suit and someone pee's in the pool, thinking your protected by your own swim suit.. Its all a bunch of BS. Thats my 2 cents.

I dont believe masks work and I do believe it will cause other health related issues further down the road. Look at wearing a mask while sanding sheet rock.. That stuff is all up your nose and everywhere else.. Tell me how a microscopic virus is stopped by cloth when a big *** piece of dust isnt. Its like wearing a swim suit and peeing in the pool thinking your protected by your own swim suit.. Its all a bunch of BS. Thats my 2 cents.
Well, I sure as hell wouldn’t sand sheet rock without one...

My garage is an air cooled 75, everyday, all summer.
I do wear a mask when I go to the grocery or hardware store. Any where else I just hold my breath. :D
We do have a summer drink here usually Tito's and raspberry lemonade.
We've had 4 1/2 inches of rain in the last week. When we don't I turn the sprinkler system on.
We aren't going to Carlisle.
I am taking the 55 to a local car show Saturday.
There all caught up.
:thumbsup:

We do have a summer drink here usually Tito's and raspberry lemonade.
Dana is the only one that drinks vodka here, since it doesnt agree with my stomach. I dont think she has ever bought a "good" vodka. She buys the biggest and cheapest stuff she can find. LOL Tito's seems to be all the rage now so I tried to get her to buy a bottle to try it.. She wanted nothing to do with it.

We are finally getting to go camping for the first time this summer. Looking forward to every bit of it. I think the weather is going to try to kill us though this weekend, with the nasty heat and humidity. Thats the only thing Im not liking. Thankfully there is a nice cool river to float down.

What a scramble. Working on Mopar Max. Our donation/sponsor dollars are increasing. We had hoped to have a Nostalgia Super Stockers group show. A few may show but the group is already committed. We are a little late because of the Covid deal. We are working on a band on Saturday night. (party until midnight) We are hoping for $5000 to win for Mopar Max on Saturday and $4000 to win on Sunday.

Bunch of grass cut. Just the stuff that was as tall as the hood on my kubota.

-
Back