Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
07 gmc full size van needs power steering gear replaced. Did i mention its awd diesel? This is going to suck and blow at the same time. Closed sign on door should be enough to ward off the time wasters.

Did some maintenance on my mower yesterday, was surprised when date on oil filter read June 2018. At least the hours aren't that bad, have 75 on this oil, JD recommends 50 or annually. So will get filter and oil today, can't believe the wide range of viscosities they say you can use, guess that V-twin doesn't care.....

Morning. Back to base. Probably be out of contact a while. You all have fun

Did some maintenance on my mower yesterday, was surprised when date on oil filter read June 2018. At least the hours aren't that bad, have 75 on this oil, JD recommends 50 or annually. So will get filter and oil today, can't believe the wide range of viscosities they say you can use, guess that V-twin doesn't care.....
50? Uh-oh. Think i dont change oil on husqvarna that often. I think 100. 10w30 or straight 30 is my preference for air cooled.
Briggs filter $13, parts master filter(wix) $3.50

50? Uh-oh. Think i dont change oil on husqvarna that often. I think 100. 10w30 or straight 30 is my preference for air cooled.
Briggs filter $13, parts master filter(wix) $3.50

I'm changing it due to two years since last. Stealership did the 50 hour and I let them as they sharpened the blade and I was living in our RV at the time. I'll go with 10-30 thanks and I got the number for the Wix filter.

Morning everyone, heat is rolling in around here. Getting out early to check my wells, to hot when it's 99deg.

Morning everyone, heat is rolling in around here. Getting out early to check my wells, to hot when it's 99deg.

Good Morning! I guess I shouldn't complain about not getting to 70 degrees yet here on the island.

I'm changing it due to two years since last. Stealership did the 50 hour and I let them as they sharpened the blade and I was living in our RV at the time. I'll go with 10-30 thanks and I got the number for the Wix filter.
51348? Thats the common one.
Some yamaha watercraft use that filter too. That one is $32 from the dealer. The wix is built way better than the yammy one. Cut one apart.

51348? Thats the common one.
Some yamaha watercraft use that filter too. That one is $32 from the dealer. The wix is built way better than the yammy one. Cut one apart.
I went with Wix on my John Deere (Kawasaki) I can't remember the number but O Reilly's had it on the shelf. (I think it was a Toyota number) It was a little longer than the one it calls for and is way easier to get out. If I remember it has flutes on the end of the cup where the JD filter doesn't and it's almost impossible to get a strap filter wrench in there. No problem now.

I went with Wix on my John Deere (Kawasaki) I can't remember the number but O Reilly's had it on the shelf. (I think it was a Toyota number) It was a little longer than the one it calls for and is way easier to get out. If I remember it has flutes on the end of the cup where the JD filter doesn't and it's almost impossible to get a strap filter wrench in there. No problem now.
Our JD dealer here carries and recommends the K&N filters. They actually cost about a dollar less but have a nut welded on the bottom, which makes getting them off and on very easy in tight spaces. The catch is, they don't have them for ALL models. Especially the large row crops that have filters the size of 5 gallon buckets

Our JD dealer here carries and recommends the K&N filters. They actually cost about a dollar less but have a nut welded on the bottom, which makes getting them off and on very easy in tight spaces. The catch is, they don't have them for ALL models. Especially the large row crops that have filters the size of 5 gallon buckets
Until a heavy-handed gorilla uses the same wrench to install said filter. I have had to remove some nasty stuck filers on many occasions.

-
Back