Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Damn it Karl. :wtf: where is that unsee button?

Haha.jpg

Ok that’s witty! LMAO
PS I am going to adopt Mitches logbook idea on tools!
The system only partially works... My 32 yr old son would use my shop to do jobs , once in a while. Then a few days later, I would find tools in my Mail Box. With a note attached, " Hey, I found these tools under the hood of my car. I think they belong to you " :BangHead::BangHead::wtf::wtf::mob::mob:

Well I pissed Dave off good. Something was said on the 'stop in for a drink' thread and he took it literally. I feel bad but I don't like being corrected and looked down on so to speak when his correction was almost word for word for what I said. I even said I was sorry if I ticked him off in that thread but that apparently doesn't matter. That's my side of the story.
I wouldn’t worry about it much Mike. As creative and talented he is, he also has a very large ego and doesn’t like to be challenged. He thinks he’s superior and above being wrong or corrected no matter who it is.

All you did in that thread was point out that he said the exact same thing as you and that was it. Nothing wrong with that and if he got upset over that tiny little thing, than it’s on him, not you.

Don’t stress over it.

So yesterday, worked on the Polara a bit , my daughter just had to “drive her car”

9769D6BC-8B14-43ED-A74F-AF8A32F6DA9C.jpeg

She's already a Mopar gal! Perfect.
That’s actually the sole reason I’m even working on that thing. I had loaned a buddy some money after his now ex wife ran off and drained his account. He got laid off shortly after, He felt bad about not being able to pay me back and despite me telling him it wasn’t needed, I mean it was only a 300 dollar loan to get him by until payday, insisted on giving me this Polara that had been sitting for twenty years. I really didn’t want it but figured I could part it out.
My daughter went along with me the snowy day I drug it home. Immediately declared it as hers. She’s just 6 but insist the car either stays how it looks now or gets repainted her favorite color, Teal. She’s loves that thing for some reason. So that’s why I don’t part it out or stop working on it. It’s for her enjoyment and she “helps” with it, usually by pretending to race it

DEC1EBC7-8F69-4C15-8CD1-E8B4052FC8F7.jpeg

It's good that she's taking an interest in the car...

She can help you turn wrenches in a few more years...
yeah, it is.some day, her future husband will have to thank me.... hopefully those days are 50-60 years from now.

She already does. Usually just loosen it to where she can finish taking the nut off or something along those lines.

My daughter went along with me the snowy day I drug it home. Immediately declared it as hers. She’s just 6 but insist the car either stays how it looks now or gets repainted her favorite color, Teal. She’s loves that thing for some reason. So that’s why I don’t part it out or stop working on it. It’s for her enjoyment and she “helps” with it, usually by pretending to race it

View attachment 1715571047

My niece did the same thing with my dad's Viper.... When she was about the same age as yours, she would say that the Viper was hers and she parks it in grandpa's garage....

Morning all. Raining here off and on.

Installed oil pressure sender and valve cover bolts on the 360 magnum in the 67 Coronet. Also got the correct size converter to flexplate bolts. Started raining so no further progress. (Friday)

yeah, it is.some day, her future husband will have to thank me.... hopefully those days are 50-60 years from now.

She already does. Usually just loosen it to where she can finish taking the nut off or something along those lines.

I used to have a picture of my older son when he was 4 years old, he watched me taking a trans pan off and loved the speed wrench (looks and works like a hand drill) and he wanted to try it....

Then I had another picture of him helping my brother and I build a Hemi for dad's Roadrunner convert.... I posted it at work with the caption, "Building his first Hemi at 4 years old"...

So yesterday, worked on the Polara a bit , my daughter just had to “drive her car”

View attachment 1715571043

That also reminds me of when my oldest son was her age, whenever we would visit my dad, he loved to go in the back garage (32 x 40) and get in all of the cars and play with the steering wheels and pretend to drive....

My niece did the same thing with my dad's Viper.... When she was about the same age as yours, she would say that the Viper was hers and she parks it in grandpa's garage....
Yeah but did the viper look like this?!

E64D7DD4-B1A1-4DEC-843A-C2292194BBCA.jpeg

Yeah but did the viper look like this?!

View attachment 1715571056

Good story about the Viper... (Dad had a 94 Viper)

My brother and dad went to the Viper owner's meet in Detroit... It lasted the whole weekend... So on the way home, my brother is cruising at 80 MPH and passes a MI state trooper sitting in the median with 8 miles to go to the Indiana border...

My brother downshifts, dad feels the car speeding up and asks, "What are you doing"????

My brother replied, "There's no way that cop car can catch a Viper with an 80 MPH head start before the border"...
Burnout.gif

Last edited:
Busy place this morning!
I got busy and satisfied my need to know. Its a win!
Goodbye 3 on the tree!!
27975F5D-E6E2-4435-8588-38985375F10D.jpeg
67E94133-2041-4440-B4F5-3DDF760F3A86.jpeg

-
Back