Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I havent joined the local CC.
All volunteer work, fund raising and doorknocking for food drives.
From what a few nembers mentioned, there is zero car talk at the monthly meetings. Is all about planning and fundraising.

im not against that sort of thing, but it caused a lot of members to leave,and no one wants to join.
Less volunteers, means more work.
Agreed, I am ill suited for fund raising efforts. Much less going door to door for food drives etc. My version of fund raising is buying a bunch of Girl Scout cookies from the young ladies at the card table outside Menards/Lowe’s!

Neighbor of mine, her father was the Prez of The Bent Axles here at the time. Had some pretty neat hot rods. I head out to my garage one day and there's a Topolino parked in front of the house. Has to be Nancy's dad. I make a couple laps around the little Rustoleum colored hot rod, full bodied car, personalized plate says "ITSDUN". I cornered him as he was leaving and he opened the hood for me, Pontiac OHC 6 that he had gotten from the local JC's auto shop class, just for the price of the parts they had put in it. In Nancy's garage was her car he had built for her when she was in high school. Model A pickup, under the bed cover was a 140 horse Corvair and transaxle. :steering:I tried to talk her out of it, but she was havin' none of that :lol:

So my rear drivers window has always rolled up like chit. When John was here last week we fixed the rear interior driver's panel.
So while we had it off John took the window inners apart. The rollers, guide, all screwed up or broken.
The only replacement was a 67 only convertible...not many out there, no repops.
He said oh well don't have to roll it up. I replied I know a guy...
I'd bought the nine piece 67 convertible trim piece set from Todd, in Boston, a few weeks ago.
I remember he had 67 convertible parts. I called him yesterday, and he had what I needed. The window will be rolling again!!
Nice to make those car connections never know when you might need them.
We are a MOPAR family!!

I just left one. Turned out to be way to much like a wanna be motorcycle club. The wanted our passwords to our social media accounts, emails etc. they stopped short on wanting bank info but f that. They wanted to screen our posts.
Give personal passwords to a car club? Hell f'n no.

Hey John @Sublime one Went into the local liquor store Friday, and told them I was in search of a new vodka.
They recommended Deep Eddy Vodka. Holly chit great stuff.
Makes Tito's taste like tap water.
I'm bringing us a fresh bottle for next weekend.
Maybe you've tried it, maybe not, good stuff.

Hey John @Sublime one Went into the local liquor store Friday, and told them I was in search of a new vodka.
They recommended Deep Eddy Vodka. Holly chit great stuff.
Makes Tito's taste like tap water.
I'm bringing us a fresh bottle for next weekend.
Maybe you've tried it, maybe not, good stuff.
I think we will have to subject that bottle to a field test. Quality control don’t ya know. See ya next weekend!

Update from the brat-in-law
thumbnail
thumbnail

thumbnail

I think we will have to subject that bottle to a field test. Quality control don’t ya know. See ya next weekend!
Field test well then bring a large iced filled container so we can do some sipping at the show...

Morning mopar madmen!
Mustang monday! Part 3. rack goes in,alignment and a road test if all goes well.

-
Back